Asset manager error upon right-clicking in a search-filtered list of images

16:36:02.636 - This plugin cannot create more than one PluginMenu with id: "AssetManagerContextMenu"
16:36:02.636 - Stack Begin
16:36:02.637 - Script 'builtin_AssetManager.rbxm.AssetManager.Src.Thunks.OnAssetRightClick', Line 550
16:36:02.637 - Script 'builtin_AssetManager.rbxm.AssetManager.Packages._Index.roblox_rodux.rodux.thunkMiddleware', Line 10
16:36:02.637 - Script 'builtin_AssetManager.rbxm.AssetManager.Packages._Index.roblox_rodux.rodux.Store', Line 62
16:36:02.638 - Script 'builtin_AssetManager.rbxm.AssetManager.Packages._Index.roblox_roact-rodux.roact-rodux.connect', Line 130
16:36:02.638 - Script 'builtin_AssetManager.rbxm.AssetManager.Src.Components.ListItem', Line 362
16:36:02.639 - Script 'builtin_AssetManager.rbxm.AssetManager.Src.Components.ListItem', Line 121
16:36:02.639 - Script 'builtin_AssetManager.rbxm.AssetManager.Packages._Index.roblox_roact.roact.SingleEventManager', Line 83
16:36:02.639 - Stack End```
1 Like

Thanks for reporting this, @Davidii. We’ll investigate this right away.

2 Likes

Hello,

We’ve identified the issue and will be submitting a fix soon! Thanks for the report

3 Likes

Quick follow up, fix is ready and we are hoping to deliver this in the next update.

3 Likes

It is still not fixed. Currently the only workaround for images is to double-click on an item in the Asset Manager (which creates a Decal), track it down in the Workspace (it will be on the last selected item), copy the Texture value, and then delete the Decal.

There are several other major problems with this version of the Asset Manager, I truly hope you revert to the previous version.

Hello, the fix is part of today’s update. @doublefuzzy - can you please update Studio and try it?

2 Likes

Well, the updated Roblox Studio version I got from a couple of days ago has reverted to the older version of the Game Explorer, which is just fine as far as I’m concerned. The newer one has many problems beyond this bug:

1. Can’t get back to the “recently added” area once you dismiss it. It is super-useful to be able to quickly go back and forth between “all my things” and “stuff I just added”. Right now, the older version basically does this by putting “stuff I just added” at the bottom of the list.
  2. The context-popup menu, even when it works, does not have the “copy ID to clipboard” which is by far the feature I use the most for images.
  3. The spacing on the “list” version leaves too much padding above and below the list items. More scrolling == no bueno.
  4. The “lazy load” feature of the new lists (where you scroll down to the “bottom”, but then it loads some more results and moves the scroll bar) is slow and distracting. I just want to get to the items I am looking for, not wrestle with the interface.
  5. The grid view (as opposed to list view) doesn’t seem that useful and is prone to breakage. I would rather see the smaller previews on the list view (like the older version), and be able to roll over them to see a quick popup preview of the image or mesh if I need to distinguish between two similar-looking items.
  6. Grid view when you have a lot of items is prone to bad breakage, where you get a lot of messages like the one below because it sends potentially hundreds of simultaneous requests to the servers:

ContentProvider:PreloadAsync() failed for rbxthumb://type=Asset&id=XXXXXXXX&w=150&h=150

Pretty much the only feature of the newer version of Object Browser that would be useful, IMO, is the search. But it is not worth the current breakage and issues I’ve listed above that make it considerably harder to do common tasks.