Asset Manager is back!

Not sure if I’m doing something wrong but I don’t see the option to archive meshes at all when I edit an asset.

Did this happen to go unnoticed by staff, or was this intentional?

Hey, just wanted to bump this announcement since I’ve been dealing with a few critical issues using the current Asset Manager.

• My game has thousands of images. The Asset Manager screeches to a halt trying to load the first 10% of my assets, and I’m unable to use the search feature because it hangs indefinitely. It takes forever to scroll down to images with names further in the alphabet, and once I do it is difficult to do anything useful because the Asset Manager is running very slowly.

• Although the old asset manager did not have explicit features for sorting, it was possible to consistently bug it into either sorting alphabetically, or by the order assets were added. It is challenging to add new assets to my game because the new asset manager lacks the ability to sort by recently added across multiple upload sessions.

Because of these issues I am not able to add new images or assets to my game, or replace assets that broke during upload.

Not sure how long it’ll take to address these, but if there was a way to optionally re-enable the old asset manager until then, it would be a great help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.