Asset Manager right-click context menu for images on "Recently added" does not have options for Asset ID and Asset URI

This menu should have options for “Copy asset ID” which gives you the asset’s ID in a raw number. It should also have “Copy asset URI” which will give you the same except preceded by a “rbxassetid://”.
RobloxStudioBeta_YepEJD6f7j

Please stop thinking that it’s okay to ship these half-baked “replacement” features if they’re not actually going to be as feature complete as the so-called obsolete features that they’re replacing. It is endlessly frustrating to watch my workflow evaporate and have to wait another 2-week release cycle just to get back something I already had before.

Y’all are so proud of hiring community devs to your teams. Why aren’t you asking them if your features are actually finished?

EDIT: For context, if I wanted to get an image URI for data entry or UI design, the old workflow was:

Right click new image->Copy asset URI

In this current workflow, the process is:

Insert part->Right click new image->Insert->Click part->Expand part hierarchy->Select decal->Select image property in decal->Ctrl+C

This is 7 additional actions, 8 if you count deleting the part afterwards for cleanliness. Not to mention how much mouse movement distance and mouse movement precision is required in the new workflow, let alone how inserting/maintaining a part for the decal to land in might be extremely inconvenient in some Workspaces. It is baffling how this was not caught in QA.

12 Likes

Full support. It’s the main usecase for me. I thought my studio was broken because the right click for ID functionality wasn’t there.

3 Likes