Asset Manager Search doesn't work when there are too many assets

Reproduction Steps

Within the Asset Manager, in a project that has, for example, many images, search for an image name that does not appear VISUALLY in the loaded image list.

Expected Behavior

Studio should find the images matching the filter, REGARDLESS of how many images appear visually.

Actual Behavior

Studio only finds a few images.

Workaround

As shown in the video below, I am forced to browse through all the images to force Studio to load them into memory, so that only later I can get the correct result of filtered images:

Issue Area: Studio
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly

4 Likes

I was able to experience a similar issue with asset manager. It’s really annoying when they don’t show up at all rather than just the text showing up.

If you intentionally tried to blur the results, you missed a little on the bottom. I hope this was intentional.

Are you using the new studio design refresh?

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes

Any update on this? It’s very difficult to find assets uploaded to a place without it.

1 Like

Hey! Sorry for the delay on an update.
Unfortunately, this is less a bug of the current Asset Manager and more a quirk/lacking feature of it. Its Search just acts as a basic filter for the current fetched assets (the ones loaded in memory), so the current behavior you’re experiencing is expected.

We don’t currently have plans to improve/add features to the existing Asset Manager, but we do understand the Asset Manager is limited and are actively working to instead provide a whole better solution. Search and other features will be on the board for improvement! We’ll take your feedback into account as well. Thanks for the report and stay tuned :pray: