Atmosphere doesn't load fast enough

Watch the attached video to understand my issue:

as you can see I have a crate opening system that takes your camera to a room which has a crate in it, the code works as intended. However the correct lighting and the spot lights in that room do not load in fast enough, or sometimes at all and thus leads to an ugly looking room during the animation of the chest opening.

I’d like to know how i can make it load in instantly every time

If you’re using StreamingEnabled this could be the main cause of delays.
Also lower graphics settings could also cause players to load things slower (or differently)

Solutions:

• Preload the lighting or atmosphere changes before the scene transition
local contentProvider = game:GetService("ContentProvider")
local atmosphere = workspace.Atmosphere
contentProvider:PreloadAsync({atmosphere})
  • Transition effect with UI to block viewer sight until some time is given to load the scene
  • Instead of a room use viewport frames to animate the Chest on player’s screen
1 Like

Where’s the room located?
If it’s closer to the player then it should be loaded in easily. What if it stays within 100 studs of the player under the baseplate?
You could check every 10 seconds or so to see if the player is 100 studs from the room then move it to their Position under the baseplate. Keep it local so that other players don’t see it at all.

The script is a local script, its the one room for the whole server and yes, its far away from the main map as not to be an eye sore. When I move it right next to the player it loads instantly, however its a rather big room that i dont want near the playable area

figured out a way, the room is inside the box and you cant see it, to the player it looks like the platform extend downwards.

also which way do you prefer the one I have or the more common one where a ui just spins and eventually lands on an item

You could try use Player:RequestStreamAroundAsync(position) and see if it improves (can only be ran on server), you can also use ReplicationFocus

If that worked for you mark your post as the solution.

I like the chest setup you have. It’s different and very effective.

Alr thanks for the feedback, I marked my post as a solution

1 Like