Attaching Turret to Vehicles

Hello, so, i was making a mouse controlled turret, I’ve got the whole thing done, but I’m struggling to attach it to my vehicle, which is a boat.
I’ve used things like welds, hinge and rod constraints, but it makes the boat rotate following the turrets direction.

The black part is the turret base that i want to attach to my boat.

I wanted to “weld” the turret to the boat while still able to rotate, but I don’t know how.

If you want to use welds then you will need to use a CFrame approach to rotate the weld by editing the C0 or C1 of the weld. Here is an example of what I have done make a mech turret with angular constraints.

Edit: The cons of this method is replication which you will need to amend using remote events.

Constraints are a different matter. I’m curious what is your current mouse control method to control the turret looks like. Is it physics based? Physics might be the better option as they replicate automatically and also have the ability to look smoother without needing to go into CFrame lerping every heartbeat/step. I still haven’t researched an easy way to mount though perhaps a ball socket constraint or hinge constraint should work.

It doesnt have to be a weld, as long as the turret is able to rotate without detaching from the boat.

For the mouse controls i use CFrame and heartbeat. I’ve tried hinge constraint last time but it didnt work, havent tried ball socket though.