Attachment Help

Not sure if this is in the correct thread, I chalked this up to being a “rigging” issue? …

Problem:
Usually whenever I size an accessory that belongs to the wrist or hand I have to put an attachment so it moves with that limb.

Most of the time though, it becomes a guessing game where the accessory will actually attach as opposed to how it looks in studio.

Is there any way to gauge & know exactly where it’ll attach without having to go back and forth and adjusting increments with guesses? Any kind of plugin that shows you what it will actually look like? Thanks for the help!!

Image 1 : In studio sizing with the wrist attachment visible. This is where I would want the accessory to be placed.

Image 2 : In-game outcome with the watch being very off-centered and higher
e8b5ed791e47dc22bcd9cddb3af271fe|425x500 bd5e2e8ddfa0ab057609baa29f6d8e6d

2 Likes

This is likely due to the nature of how R15 characters work. They often tend to resize their bodies depending on how your ROBLOX avatar is set, so if you’re just adding an attachment into an arm piece it’s most likely that it’ll be out of place unless their personal settings match up to your model. There are 2 possible solutions for this:

Solution 1:

Adjust your game settings so ROBLOX characters are stuck at 1 scale and work with that.

Solution 2:

Try attaching your accessory to a pre-existing attachment that R15 characters create instead of making a new one (assuming that’s what you’re doing):

1 Like

I was using the pre-made attachments created by an r15 rig but the problem still occurs. I tried the avatar scaling solution as well and it made no difference to the position, it was pretty much in the same spot and stuck out similarly. Not sure what to do other then to continue guessing the position haha

Well in that case, Attachments have a property called WorldPosition in them. Try placing your desired accessory on a dummy character model where you want it, and set the WorldPosition in the item as the WorldPosition of the Attachment you want to use.

That should hopefully make it less of a guessing game.

1 Like

It’ll probably also help to do the same with the WorldOrientation property.

1 Like

Well, the only way to solve this is just to disable the animations. To do this, go to Game Settings>Avatar and then, in the “Animations” label and choose “Standard”.