Attachment won't fuse to the rig

I just made a animation on blender and exported it to Roblox studio but I can’t figured out how to connect the hat’s to the rig

3 Likes

Did you separate the hat by its self?

1 Like

No it did not have any hats at the start

Can you give a example about the rig,like a picture of it if you can.

2 Likes

It is just a rig, with a hair on the head, the hair will not fuse.

WeldConstraint?

1 Like

If I’m understanding you correctly, it sounds like you’re trying to attach a part to the rig instead of an Accessory. You can do this in a few different ways.

1. You use a WeldConstraint to attach the hair part to another part in the rig. This makes the hair permanently part of the character and makes it difficult to move to a new character, since you would need to recreate the weld.
  1. You create an Accessory containing the hair part. This accessory can then be easily transferred between different characters and it will behave just like a hat or accessory on your avatar. Welding will be handled automatically.

To summarize what I do in the above video:

• I create an Accessory.
  • I put the hair part inside of the Accessory and change its name to “Handle”. This is required, sadly.
  • I create an Attachment inside of the hair part.
  • I turn on Constraint Details so I can see all of the Attachments on the character rig.
  • I select the Attachment on the top of the character’s head. This is the hat Attachment.
  • I copy the name of this attachment (HairAttachment) and give the Attachment in the hair part inside of our Accessory the same name.
  • I move the HairAttachment on the hair part down so the bottom of the hair part will rest on the top of the head. When the Accessory is worn on a character, Accessory Attachments with the same name as an Attachment in the character rig will align.
  • I parent the Accessory to the character rig.
  • I run the simulation and rotate the character to show that the Accessory is now attached to the character rig.
8 Likes