"Attempt to call blocked function PromptProductPurchase on service MarketplaceService" error

This error happens rarely, but it happens nonetheless:

It apparently just happens from using the PromptProductPurchase API. Here is one example in my code where this error happens in my experience:

Expected behavior

The PromptProductPurchase API should not throw an error about it being a blocked function.

7 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like

I am also seeing this for game pass purchases.

1 Like

The error message seems eerily similar to an error message a specific Script Executor will produce if certain functions on their blacklists are called:

, but it’s just speculation.

4 Likes

I am experiencing this issue with the PromptGamePassPurchase API. Doesn’t happen a lot, but the issue is occurring. I haven’t seen any issues with the PromptProductPurchase API in my experience.

1 Like

Posting to let you know that this issue has also affected some players in my game. It would be great to get an update on this :slight_smile: .

I have the same error, the function is called on the client!

2 Likes

One player who plays my game is consistently having the issue with the error “Attempt to call blocked function PromptProductPurchase on service MarketplaceService”. I can’t reproduce this myself. The user claims that it also doesn’t work if he switches account. The call to the API is made on the client.

1 Like

You can easily reproduce this by getting Wave Executor.

2 Likes

As @The_SirMeme said, it is an executor error.

Unrelated but nice game by the way!

1 Like

But the error report shows it comes from one of my scripts. Could it still be an executor bug?
cc: @The_SirMeme @HexadecimalLiker

Yeah, that’s what I meant. If you check the post I conveniently linked, you will see that the detection works as every script gets affected by the blocklist that I speculate is causing this.