Attempt to make a perfect FPS map PT. 1

Hey,

I am building an FPS game currently, and I wanted to see what you guys think of my first attempt of building the map.

Here is my map:

Let me know If I should add more.

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

papahetfan

5 Likes

Note that this is my first map, I’ll be expanding later once the game is out.

It’s a fairly open map, So i would add little nit picks like road patterns and benches. I also think a few trees would spice things up!

2 Likes

I will work on some stuff. I’ll let you know tomorrow what I come up with, and I’ll show you.

1 Like

It looks pretty open. I recommend adding some natural things like bushes, trees, rocks, and low poly grass. And maybe some buildings on the outside of the map so it doesn’t look like they are on a floating island or whatever if you know what I mean.

Everything is quite grid locked, it’s open, structureless, flat, and overall just not playable as an FPS map. FPS maps should guide the line of sight and provide good gameplay.

I would do some research on first person shooter level design!

Glad you’re learning how to build though, always great to see new devs :smiley:

Good point. I’ve been adding tress into there. I will also add those buildings. I’m also making barriers so people can crouch and guard themselves or others. Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you very much! I’ll make a different style and look online for some ideas.

1 Like