Attempt to teleport to a place that is restricted with place in the same universe

I’m trying to reserve a server in the same universe that one game is in and teleport players to it. Reserving seems to work fine but the actual teleporting doesn’t seem to work… I do have 3rd party teleports enabled on both (just to see if that was the problem) and that didn’t work

This is what it looks like and this is my code:

local code = TeleportService:ReserveServer(7563846691)
TeleportService:TeleportToPrivateServer(7563846691, code, {p}) -- p is a player

The number was gotten from game.PlaceId on the other game, but they exist within the same universe.

I went to great lengths to debug this before I made this post and found that this issue existed for over 2 years however I’m not sure if this issue is the same as it happens every time without fail. Any help would be appreciated!

I should note that

local code = TeleportService:ReserveServer(game.PlaceId)
TeleportService:TeleportToPrivateServer(game.PlaceId, code, {p})

works as expected, but I thought you could reserve servers of places within the same universe (which it seems I can as only the teleport has issues)

Weird question, but any chance you enabled the voice chat beta?

I’ve noticed a higher amount of these teleport fails when I switched it on. I had suspected it was something to do with the player count in each place being different.

Nope, but the issue did just resolve itself randomly, I didn’t actually do anything and it seems to be working every time now? Idk what that was about I’ll just be deleting this topic as it seems to have resolved itself.

Well I will not be deleting this topic I guess:

Strange. Regardless of what it is, if you own both places, this is likely a Roblox issue. Maybe it was a short TeleportService outage. You should keep this thread up for future people, just in case they run into it. Mark your own post as the solution to mitigate spam.

1 Like