Attempting to load content deleted clothing in-game makes player naked

Issue Type: Other
Impact: High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-02-26 00:02:00 (-07:00)
Date Last Experienced:

Reproduction Steps:
Find the shirt your avatar is wearing when testing in studio and replace the ShirtTemplate with http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=915638408

Expected Behavior:
When the ShirtTemplate is replaced, the shirt should load a shirt with a Roblox logo on it instead of removing the characters shirt.

Actual Behavior:
I have an avatar editor system in my game. If a shirt or pants is content deleted and a player wears the content deleted item, it fails to load the Roblox shirt with the logo and instead the player appears naked. No text appears in the output window either. However some assets do successfully load the Roblox logo shirt and throws a “Humanoid::ApplyDescription() Failed to load Shirt, default applied” warning.

https://gyazo.com/6027f75c015d7f4fce5a6efb40967073

https://gyazo.com/dffc54f8aefe24de40f15a853398c143

Workaround:
no

8 Likes

i will take a look into this to see what’s going on

6 Likes

Do you have anymore details to repro? What I’ve tried to do is create R15 and R6 Humanoid characters on the client, then apply a HumanoidDescription with a good shirt to them (and it applies correctly). Then I apply a HumanoidDescription with 915638408 in the shirt slot, and I get the default shirt (with the roblox logo) applied, and get the warning in the output. What should I do different to repro?

3 Likes

Try this

wait(5)
local player = game.Players:GetPlayers()[1]
player.Character.Humanoid.HumanoidDescription.Shirt = 915638408
player.Character.Humanoid:ApplyDescription(player.Character.Humanoid.HumanoidDescription)
2 Likes

you’re using the system a little incorrectly. You shouldn’t make changes to the HumanoidDescription found under Humanoid. The code should be written as follows:

wait(5)
local descriptionClone = player.Character.Humanoid:GetAppliedDescription()
descriptionClone.Shirt = 915638408
player.Character.Humanoid:ApplyDescription(descriptionClone)

Does this change fix your issue?

2 Likes

That was not the issue. My avatar editor does use GetAppliedDescription(). I’ll see if I can come with another repro

3 Likes

Try this. It’s using a new Id. I accidentally chose one of the only content deleted ids that was functioning properly.

wait(5)

local descriptionClone = player.Character.Humanoid:GetAppliedDescription()

descriptionClone.Shirt = 865700638

player.Character.Humanoid:ApplyDescription(descriptionClone)
2 Likes

The delete asset on the Roblox website is stuck in a loading loop instead of showing a content deleted image

2 Likes

yes, seems that the shirt has not been deleted but the shirt template has. I’ll make some enquiries about this

4 Likes

We will look into implementing a fix for this (i’ll post an update on this thread when the fix is released)

5 Likes

Yeah it’s been happening for a long time, as far as I can remember it was when they added the clothes that prevented nudity.

1 Like