Attempting to load the 100th page (10,000th entry) of transactional histories results in "Something went wrong"

Explanation

Various catagories in My Transactions will provide different ‘pages’ of information (see image below for an example of a page), providing between 10 and 100 items per page. When the user has a large number of items to look through (around 10,000+ items), they encounter an issue with the page system, where it refuses to load items beyond 10000.

Expected Result:

It is expected that the user would be able to access beyond Page 100 (when using the 100 page size), to access all of the items. If it is intentional behaviour, then a more informative message should be provided to the user.

Actual Result

Upon reaching page 100, the page does not load and instead says “Something went wrong.”.

When the API call that is made is observed, the following error is given:

{"errors":[{"code":29,"message":"The provided parameters are out of bounds","userFacingMessage":"Something went wrong"}]} 

Device Info

Operating System: Windows 10
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: GTX 1650 Super
RAM: 16GB @ 3600MHz
Browser: Chrome

(Issue was encountered in the Group Payouts section, however I am unable to test other sections due to not having enough items in them.)

2 Likes

So, you acknowledged that this is a feature Roblox purposely included in their API, yet still call this a “bug?” Sounds more like a feature request to me…

(The error literally says the parameters are out of bounds…)

I am calling it a bug as the front end message simple says “Something went wrong”, which may make the user suspect that it is only a temporary issue and will be fixed. The out of bounds error was only accessible through other means.

Also, I am not saying that it is definitely intentional, giving me further reason to mark it as a bug for the time being.

1 Like

“It is expected that the user would be able to access beyond Page 100 (when using the 100 page size), to access all of the items.”

This is the issue you provided. You later said an “if statement” secondary to your issue, not your issue.

If as you say, this “bug” report is about the message, then this is not a bug, and instead a feature request.

Also, I am not saying that it is definitely intentional, giving me further reason to mark it as a bug for the time being

So are you just posting bug reports to post stuff? I don’t understand the point of this sentence.

It is not definitively known if it is intentional, and I have found no mentions of the limit while looking around. Due to the lack of a mention and the generic error message, it leads me to assume it is unintentional, hence it would be a bug, and as such it is posted as a bug report.

1 Like

Well now you know it isn’t a bug.

Well now you know it isn’t a bug.

No, we DON’T know that it isn’t a bug.

If you wish to continue arguing about it, continue it in direct messages to prevent further flooding of the replies of the original post.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you!