Attempting to purchase any limited edition avatar item results in an error

Page URL: https://www.roblox.com/catalog?Category=2&Subcategory=2&SortType=4
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2021-04-13 19:04:00 (-05:00)
Date Last Experienced:

Reproduction Steps:

Info
  • User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/89.0.4389.114 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer
  1. Attempt to purchase any (EDIT: it appears some items do work. I successfully purchased this item, which has been bugged for a while to never sell out) limited item from the avatar shop. Both Limited and LimitedU items experience this issue.
  2. Receive the error below every time you try to purchase an item.

Expected Behavior:

1. Click the buy button
  2. Receive either a “Purchase Successful” notification or a “Someone sniped this item before you did” notification".

Actual Behavior:

1. Click the buy button
  2. Receive the below error:

1. Note that as the error says, no Robux is removed from your account. It is only the purchase failing.

Workaround: N/A

EDIT:
Currently occurring with:

• None at the moment, seems to have resolved itself.

Previous has occurred with:

Currently is occurring with (as of 2021-04-29T19:03:00Z)

EDIT2: It appears that some users are able to purchase limited edition items. Multiple items that were selling for 1 :robux_gold: are now sold. Either that or the original owners took the items off sale.

12 Likes

Would try this to confirm, but… uhh…

This looks like it’s a huge issue though, so I hope it’s fixed soon, or Roblox might get a bit of backlash…

5 Likes

This issue should now be resolved!

5 Likes

It appears that the issue is occurring again:

I’ve updated the original post with a list of items currently affected.

Sorry for bumping, but this issue is still occurring, I have refreshed the page 3 times now, hasn’t been sold or taken off sale, but you CANNOT by all means, buy from this seller.

Item: Noob attack: Astronaut Action
Date: 29/04/21

Thanks for reporting! We’ll have it looked into.

8 Likes

This same glitch is occurring with me as well, however it’s with UGC items rather than limited edition ones. I’m unsure if they’re related in anyway, but they seem similar.

Recently, I’ve bought a UGC item and the purchase went through, although it shows that I don’t own the item I’m still able to wear it as it shows up in my recent items worn.

Screenshots:

Edit: I just checked again and it says I own it now, it took almost 12 minutes for it to appear.

the reason why you get the “An error occured…” alert upon purchasing a limited tem that is up on the catalog is because of the person, whom listed the item either traded for the iterm and Roblox hasn’t registered it or they bought it off the catalog which then again, Roblox hasn’t registered it.

this is the exact same reason as to why traders are panicing to accept trades, sometimes the items don’t even appear in your inventory until whenever Roblox decides to register it properly.

3 Likes

It’s also possible the person reselling it for that amount of robux, took it away or the item was sold for that price.

it happened again. Gucci Diamond-Framed Sunglasses - Roblox

2 Likes

Can confirm, tried to buy from same seller as you were trying to. I think that account is a throwaway for a hacker so I wouldn’t buy from it anyways.

5 Likes

Can confirm for an item: Gucci GG Marmont Bag - Roblox

when I refresh it’s still there

The account that uploaded it is clearly an alt and probably an exploiter

should mention that I’m using Brave Release Notes | Brave Browser and Windows 10

5 Likes

This is just because of the Gucci event. So many people are buying items fast, MarketPlaceService is flooded and slow.

2 Likes

This bug is still occurring for those limiteds being sold at 1 robux.
Ita3IxRkZ0

Using chrome latest version Version 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (64-bit).

Happening again too, account is probably safe to buy from though by inspecting it

Browser: Microsoft Edge 91.0.864.37 (64-bit)

Vouch, happend to me when I was buying the gucci limiteds😂 Those snipers are so fast

Yep it happened to me on that item

1 Like

Happened to me on this item, when trying to buy it for a… questionable price.

Using Firefox Developer Edition on Windows 10.

3 Likes

If you know about networking, I’d suggest you open dev tools, and attempt to buy while watching the “network” tab, if anything red appears while you buy it, click it and then press preview, that should give you an in-depth view of the issue.

(for people still having this issue in 2022)

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

1 Like