Attempting to select time is not displaying dropdown correctly on 3rd step in bug report

The bug consists of attempting to open the dropdown box in the bug report, third step screen. The issue is that I do not have anything displaying. The question before it is fine.

This is affected on Chrome, latest production update.

Attachments

Initial state
Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 23.18.00

Selected, opened.
Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 23.18.06

3 Likes

We reshuffled the order of the fields on the 3rd step. Do you still run into the same issue?

2 Likes

This seems to fix the issue.

However, this time the last question is affected again…

Is there any more information on this bug? Im currently experiencing this in Safari and there is no way for me to report a website bug that is of high priority to me and my team.

@LuaCow

Closer inspection into the website’s embedding seems to be consistently working with the elements appearing. However, they seem to be placed waaaay out of place?

I found a workaround, I had to manipulate the style of the dropbox into fixed numbers, essentially breaking the box and forcing the item on screen.

Edit the margins in order to force it on screen.

Screenshot 2022-09-27 at 18.56.02

Further checking seems to lead to the conclusion that the insets are set incorrectly. Comparing between the functional one and the broken one results these:

0px, auto, auto, 0px vs. auto, auto, 0px, 0px

Ah, it seems I found that if this dropbox thing exists in the lower part of my screen, it disappears. This affects the penultimate dropbox that way. Maybe the box is placed elsewhere when I had the page scrolled up too high?
Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 11.24.56

So changing page’s height actually is another workaround.
Screenshot 2022-11-12 at 11.27.51

Who would have thought that?

@Operatik We have greatly simplified down the bug report wizard to improve usability, and these fields ended up being axed because they don’t provide much value to us (and, most importantly, are too tedious for you to fill out)

This should resolve your concern. Thanks again for reporting.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.