Attributes, Configurations, or Folders?

Hi,

So when creating a Settings bar for maybe a Model (Like Base Properties) , or an NPC (To Control Damage, Speed, etc), Usually these come to mind

• Screenshot (108)
  • Screenshot (110)

But I was wondering about Attributes, Are they better with this sort of thing?
So i am wondering whether to use Folders, Configurations, or Attributes?

Personally, I would go with a folder.
As its easier, you can keep track of values better as well as you can put multiple values into it that are needed and go from there.

True, but don’t Configurations do that? I’m pretty sure that is their purpose and their main difference from folders

That is true, attributes may be easier in that sense.
How ever, you have to set that attribute every time.
Where with a folder, you can have the value and go.

1 Like

Folder, Easier to use then attributes

I’m not sure about this one, Can you explain why its easier?

Easier toKeep track on what you have on it like Values.

1 Like

Doesn’t Attributes do the same but under a Localized Item?

I personally prefer attributes: they don’t get in the way as they aren’t instances, easily accessible in the properties menu, can be put anywhere (if I were to do an NPC i’d either assign the attributes to the NPC model itself or its humanoid), they take up less memory as they aren’t instances, you don’t have to use WaitForChild to wait for them.
The biggest con, in my opinion, is that they can’t store instances (like ObjectValues) yet, although if you are making NPC/player statistics it’s likely you won’t need this feature.
I agree that value instances look better and more organised if put into folders, but they are destined to be replaced by attributes in future, so may as well use attributes from now.

1 Like

Sorry for Late Response, But Good to know, thanks

Summary

Yes

Attributes can’t be cloned. So use Folders or Configurations: they are the same but with diffirent icons and ClassName.

They can, if you clone the Item with them, yes

Not always you may clone item. For example Ore nodes. One is marble, one is iron, if you clone them - you will get ungood result.

I prefer attributes, they are 100x faster than normal values and are stored under an item.