Audi r8 with a lot of vertices

Currently working on this cool Audi r8, it has a lot of vertices and I want to import it into studio once I’m done with the car.
I was wondering if I could split the car up into multiple files so I can import them under 10k vertices, but also keep them in the same position when I import them into studio.
Here’s the car

10 Likes

Hi there, nice car.
You can export it in pieces for e.g doors, grill and windscreen, it just means more parts to export
and when you import to roblox the parts don’t do resize, but do click for it to be in the same position and then when you import all of the parts into studio you can resize it. Also if you do it in more parts there are more parts that you can colour.

1 Like

What I would do is split it in 4 sections back right, back left, front left, and front right.

1 Like

the best solution is to divide the car into pieces such as the Hood, Windows, Doors and other major parts than you can select everything and export it as a FBX and import it into studio using the bulk importer which u can get to by clicking View than Asset manager and select mesh and import from there.

1 Like

yeah the grill has a lot of vertices lol

yeah good idea to split it into 4, what i might end up doing is splitting it by windows fenders and stuff

H-How???

That’s so good! Make sure that it’s not more than 10k triangles otherwise you cannot import it to studio. Other than that nice job :smiley:

1 Like

honestly i would just decimate the thing a little. if it looks good and under 10k once you decimate then yea do that. good model tho

1 Like

Uh that’s way too many tris for Roblox.

1 Like

ty lol yeah it sucks roblox made it limited at 10k

you can just split it up into different objects and import them seperately and it will cause no issues

1 Like