Audio does not work/glitches out bad with Bluetooth earbuds if you have voice chat

Dev forums wont let me post bug reports so I have to do this here. This issue has been effecting me over the last year on ROBLOX. My audio jack for my wired earbuds broke so I’ve had to use Bluetooth earbuds for the past year, the problem is on every ROBLOX game the audio doesn’t work, and when you do edit the input/output settings in the menu the best you can get is some super scuffed terrible audio. It also mutes anything else outside of the game (ex:Music i’m playing from youtube). I’m certain this is caused by ROBLOX’s voice chat, on my alt accounts without voice chat audio works just fine. I haven’t been able to play on my main dev account from 2010 because it has voice chat enabled.

2 Likes

The problem is with Bluetooth, not Roblox. It buffers the audio in advance so that you get a real time experience, but in some cases, this is not applicable, and you get a delayed audio. Switching back to wired fixed the problem.

Just use any old earbuds.

Please read what I wrote before posting. Kind of obvious you skipped over it. It’s def on roblox’s side, how come the bluetooth audio works 100% on my alt without voice chat but fails 100% of the time on my acc with voice chat? I also mentioned above I can only use bluetooth ear buds because the audio jack on my PC for wired earbuds is broken.

1 Like

Yeah, I read it, but maybe I misunderstood some of it last time.

Sometimes when the microphone is being used, some Bluetooth headset devices will enter a special mode which will reduce or mute the volume of other things in the game, and it will allow you to hear yourself.

1 Like

Ahh I see, well that’s a bummer, guess I won’t be touching any games on my main acc until I find better bluetooth ear buds or get my pc repaired

2 Likes

i got the same issue damn so well ima just saveup to get a better headset

1 Like