Audio networking, API consistency and 3d sound improvements

Update: this change is currently half-deployed.
That is, on the server it is updated and on the client it is not.
This is because of observed problems in popular games with long-running servers.

Please post if you’re running into any problems with your game, I’ve already seen a couple of specific problems.

1 Like

What symptoms should we be looking for?

Shouldn’t be any problems right now.

So less than a month?

Hopefully this thursday.

I can’t wait to use MaxDistance. :grinning:

Delayed a week because of iOS.
Sorry about that!

1 Like

It’s live on a few high-profile PC-only games right now, still waiting for all released mobile versions to catch up.

5 Likes

I think it’s good to go.
Currently enabled and confirmed no problems for some high-profile PC games, expect full turn-on Tuesday.

3 Likes

Is this enabled yet? I’m playing around on Studio with this and nothing seems different just yet.

Probably not for another 3 hours.

enabled on some live games and will be on tomorrow if no further problems

1 Like

It’s on. Please post if you’re experiencing any problems. Most long-lived servers will stay on the old version for some time.

3 Likes

Euhm, this error just popped up for me…

It happens when I walk around etc

Where is this and what are you doing?

Sorry for the late reply, I accedentally closed the devforum tab.

This happens at a place of mine for a group, it just popped up after joining and walking around.

Can’t talk in the game but seems like everything’s working fine.

1 Like

The bug has gone away, strange…

Thanks for your time!

(For the non talking part, some circular require bug bugged it…, wops)

I use a script which constantly replays the sound and changes the pitch based on velocity: https://twitter.com/yrrebRBLX/status/758668996312981504

Hey so in my game, I remove sounds after I play them a lot. This is turning the sound off and effectively not letting it play. This also includes if the sound is inside of a brick and that brick gets destroyed, the sound will be cut off. This messed up 90% of the sounds in my game and likely any others that do what I do.

Will this be patched?