Audio Not Loading Due to Incorrect Permissions Error

I am having a very difficult time testing our game due to sounds not loading properly due to the experience “not having permissions.” This only started recently, and I confirmed that the experience does indeed have permissions:

I granted the permissions for one of the failing sounds below:

I confirmed that the permission was indeed granted (it was granted before this regardless):

Despite the above, it continues to fail due to “not having permissions”:

This is only occurring in our game Sentinel, but this is extremely disruptive to testing (cannot hear the majority of the sounds) and results in severe frame drops due to the console being flooded with hundreds of errors. The issue does not occur in live servers.

Link to the game: Sentinel - Roblox

System Information:
CPU: Intel Core i9-10850K @ 3.60GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070

4 Likes

The issue seemed to resolve itself after a bit. The fact that it happened is still a bug, so I’ll leave this open. Just as a note, I did do the following to attempt to fix it to no avail:

• Publishing the place.
  • Restarting my computer.
  • Making the game public and then private again.
  • Disabling team create.

I’m not sure if this is significant, but I did leave team create off after disabling it to try and create a work-around. While it didn’t resolve the issue at first, perhaps leaving it off for a bit helped resolve it?

Hello,

I’m checking the backend db, looks like the permission is correct from our end, I’d like to follow up whether you still see similar issue in last couple of months?

I have the same issue as him. Sometimes, audio (even with explict game permission granted) does not load. This issue occurs randomly, but consistently, in studio or in public games. I’m not seeing this issue for other asset types, like animations. The audio manager plugin does not detect any issues.

Note: This occurs with audio not owned by the creator, AND audio owned by the creator. This happens for group owned games, and user owned games.

2 Likes

No, this has not happened again. Every once in while a sound will fail to load, but it’s not due to a permission error (generally a 502 I believe).

I believe this issue was fixed on this thread: Failed to Load (sound_id) Error Spam - Extreme Log File Sizes - #10 by Focia19

1 Like

Sorry to heard that, If you are seeing any existing audio broken case, let me know the assetId and universeId and I can help to check our DB.

“This occurs with audio not owned by the creator” - that might be expected if owner had not explicit sharing the permission of the audio before.

“audio owned by the creator.” - most common way for the permission granting is when creator explicit drag the audio to the experience in studio, if this action never happens, then creator will need explicit allow/sharing the audio to the experience.

In the mean time, we know there is some limitations around group owned asset permission sharing issue, and we are working on some improvement and hopefully it can shipped Q1 2024, as mentioned here New Asset Privacy and Permissions Features for Audio and Video