Audio Refuses To Upload

I am having trouble uploading audio to the Roblox platform, some audios are refusing to upload. (Asset Creation Failed. Please Try Again Later.) This seems to be happening with audios over a certain length.

No Solutions including speeding up the audio seem to work.

16 Likes

Not sure if this is the same issue but I was trying to upload a decal and was given the exact same issue.

3 Likes

I’m also having the exact same issue! Even after doing things such as changing the file name and reconverting the file.

I think this is probably the case. When I attempted to upload a trimmed 1:31 version of one of my soundtracks, it worked just fine. However, when I tried to upload the whole 4:32 thing, it just comes up with this error message.

Just as a test, I reuploaded an older 4:15 soundtrack of mine to the website and it worked just fine. Considering the fact that 4:32 and 4:15 is a very small margin between the two soundtracks, it just sounds odd to be honest.

I’ve uploaded much longer 6 minute soundtracks to the website in the past and have had no issues with this so this is definitely a new problem. I really hope it gets fixed soon though. It sucks how I spend hours making a soundtrack only for me to not even be able to use it in my game.

5 Likes

i am got the same problem
well i tried to upload my friends music for game its 46 seconds long
but i have asset creation failed
and every music i try to upload has the same problems

2 Likes

It’s so annoying that we don’t get given any reasons as to why the upload failed. It just says that it failed and provides us with no information besides that.

Yet another instance of a new UI change that looks really good, but is far less usable than the original.

We should still have the option of using the old asset uploading page, that one was much easier to use.

12 Likes

I too have this issue and it has persisted for over a week.

3 Likes

I am experiencing the same problem for several days.

3 Likes

Have you tried using the bulk asset uploader in Studio? This might just be a create.roblox.com issue.

8 Likes

This solution works for me! But yes, I think it is an issue that needs to be dealt with (create.roblox.com)

2 Likes

doesn’t work, nothing does frustratingly

Switching from .mp3 to .ogg worked for me for some reason.

Very late reply, but since this bug has been reported ubiquitously yet still hasn’t been fixed, I’ll just share what worked for me.
This exact error message in create.roblox.com (or “Unable to import” in Studio’s bulk import) is shown when the asset name is “inappropriate”, but since it’s so generic it leaves us clueless. Thus, simply changing the title to something like, “Audio” should allow you to upload the sound. Afterwards, you can rename the asset to a more descriptive name, assuming it isn’t moderated again.

Sadly, complex workarounds for simple tasks are a must when developing in Roblox. Maybe such issues will be addressed some day.

I hope someone finds this answer useful so they don’t need to waste almost an hour troubleshooting too.

3 Likes

Update to this: this also appears to be happening to uploading sound effects under 6 seconds.

You can fix this by uploading an mp3 to mp3, because your audio must be corrupted. I recommend trying using this: MP3 Converter | CloudConvert

1 Like

This bug was said to be resolved in any thread, but I am encountering it again now.
If this somehow isn’t a website bug, we really need to more details as to why our uploads are denied.