Audios Owned by Group not working in Group Owned Game

I uploaded this audio under my group and it was approved. But I go to insert it into a game OWNED by THIS GROUP and it still requires the Experience to be added to their permissions.

Expected behavior

I shouldnt have to do this if the game is owned by the group it was uploaded under.
The announcement regarding audio permissions changes, stated that audios should work from group places when the audio is uploaded as a group asset (as was the case for audios uploaded before the first occurrence date), so believe this is a bug (or documentation error).

19 Likes

Workaround:

you need to insert all of the audios into your game, then close your place and reopen it again!

i dont know why the [ACTION NEDEED] has ben removedā€¦

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me. My fix was inserting a sound in workspace, setting the sound id to it, then playing it (with the play button in properties), then deleting it

1 Like

Same thing here, the workaround in the first reply sure works but itā€™s very annoying to do!

1 Like

I would like to bump this issue. It is extremely annoying to the workflow process and needs a workaround. It doesnā€™t help that the audio discovery tool fails to discover any audio in my game.

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ve also experienced this exact problem before. It usually does go away after relaunching studio with all sounds in the explorer, I think this is because it then automatically ā€˜authorisesā€™ the sounds to that specific experience itā€™s published under once itā€™s been ran once but it should just do this on itā€™s own beforehand realistically I guess.

Itā€™s only a tag for serious emergency situations that cause platform breaking outages / problems. The use in this case isnā€™t valid hence the removal.

1 Like

Apparently this was only one of the few circumstances where old audio would qualify to continue working.
Now audio uploaded on the website does not work at all by default. Iā€™m certain the intended procedure is for you to either re-insert the asset from the group audio section of the toolbox (which is harder to find for group assets now) or copy the universe ID from the dashboard and put it into the audio permissions configuration.

This new system is very inconvenient considering that I believe a large number of creators only want their audio to work and are not worried about other people using them without their knowledge. Itā€™s been over 500 days without any update on the system or the disruption they caused.

2 Likes

I have a testing place where I uploaded the audio, I only load the audio in by asset ID in the main game, yet now even though the group owns the asset it wonā€™t load. What is the point of having a group asset if I now have to create a Sound for each asset ID in each game and then delete it just so that it loads permissions correctly. Iā€™m all for asset privacy but this feature does not work at all.

2 Likes

Its ridiculous, its a massive issue for trying to have an audio setup place and not being able to seamlessly transfer audio from place to place within the same group.

1 Like

Turns out itā€™s even more work than I thought.

Once uploaded you have to go to the group creations, find the audio and then grant permission to the other group games Universe ID. Took me a solid 30 minutes to even figure out how to get that.

Whoever green lit this idea, please go back to the drawing board. It makes no sense.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree. Always makes me want to chuck my keyboard across the room when ever I see ā€œfailed to load assetā€ in the output window when dragging in a model from another group place with 100% group assets.

@Focia19 Hi, sorry for the bother. Is there any way this can get looked into? I donā€™t think this report was ever responded to.

Thanks!