Auto-complete Issue

I’m on macOS 10.14.6 and getting this same issue. The cursor loses focus without fail when accessing a user-defined variable or roblox function. There are no issues when studio suggests autocomplete when accessing children.

Experiencing this as well. It only started recently for me (within the last hour), a short while after updating Studio (it didn’t seem to happen immediately after the update, but I may have just not noticed). Hoping it can be resolved soon as it has abruptly made it very difficult to work.

6 Likes

I am having the same issue. This is so frustrating I am trying to get work done, but I can’t without getting annoyed.

Just ran into the same issue when I intended to get some work done. Good to know the staff is already aware of it. Running macOS Mojave 10.14.6.

It just started happening to me as well. If I close studio and restart, it is okay for a few minutes. I have tried turning my internet off and nothing seems to help. I am hoping there is a way to disable this feature in studio so I can get work done.

edit
I have disabled auto-complete for now.

I hope they are still looking into this. I turned auto-fill off for now

It feels like turning off auto-complete also fixed typing delays that used to happen

We’ve identified the issue, but will not be able to fix it until Monday.

Until then, if you view RobloxStudio in the finder and click Show Package Contents, you can fix this by creating a folder called ClientSettings in Contents/MacOS and inserting the following file:

ClientAppSettings.json (55 Bytes)

You can remove the ClientSettings folder when we fix this on Monday, or it will be automatically removed whenever Studio updates next.

4 Likes

This happens to me also, I figured it was a personal thing but I guess it’s not just me. Super annoying.

I just installed Studio again after a while, and I thought this was new functionality. :man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

The ClientSettings file above has fixed the issue for me.

This fix may have fixed the issue, however it breaks autocomplete, i’m only getting built in functions show up, this is pretty much just disabling autocomplete and still making it irritating to write code.

Also just found it still occurring:

Similar issue here

Experiencing the same issue on MacOS 10.15(Catalina).

Can you check to see if ClientAppSettings is still there and didn’t get removed automatically?

@xPoloBear @metalive is this with or without the fix provided above?

The file is in the wrong location. It should be in MacOS/ClientSettings and not Contents/ClientSettings

Oh sorry, my bad. i thought the slash was inferring ither or.

I disabled auto-fill for now until the issue is fixed. I have not tried the method you advised as I am waiting for Monday for everything to get fixed hopefully.

This should be fixed now.

6 Likes

Yay, thanks! I noticed a HUGE improvement on Monday. thanks for sneaking in that fix! I was hoping it was one of those local files, causing the issue (rather than compiled code), and hoping there’d be some update like this. Thanks!!! (didn’t have to wait till the Wednesday Studio update lol) My scripting efficiency improved drastically - gosh that feels good! lol

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.