Auto-save not saving while team create (Lost a days of work) - Http 404 Not Found

So my friend has autosave on for the game, it is annoyingly frequent (every minute?) but it’s to have a save if we messed up bad.

Today I noticed it didn’t save at 12:45am est 4th of Jan, and I panicked because I was using autosave and team create and everyone would be upset including place owner which is friend.

We get a error saying place can’t save or similar to it.
This is happening only when we “save to ROBLOX” and not saving to your computer.
This is happening 75% of time. Our team is in a panic.

Edit: it can be executed by clicking Save to ROBLOX or auto save

I believe it should be saving correctly and if it didn’t save correctly and it should make more than one recovery file on the owners computer and be able to load it in the place if it didn’t save.

But that’s a temporary fix and aren’t able to replace current stuff inside game with a backup.
This happens in studio only the game works and everything and it dose not have saves where we were working on yesterday.

I’m one of the devs for it and I decided to report it because I’m very concerned to continue. SlipStream Menu - Roblox

Edit: it has happened again and it’s the same error but I caught the error message.
Server Save Failure: HTTP (404): Not Found
It happened on Jan 31 and Feb 1.

5 Likes

Well, it says that it created a recovery file, get the latest version from there. And make it a habit to save your game once in a while or saving it once your done devving for that time.

1 Like

It has but it shouldn’t be doing it that often it dose it every time right now and the recovery files sometimes get overwritten by the new one that isn’t saving and then I don’t have a save file. It’s a legit concern I made a habit of saving to computer but it’s a hassle every time. I’m trying to find a solution why it wasn’t saving and got error. The website was up and playing in servers were fine and usually 404 meant that server not found which if it had that error shouldn’t it find other servers to save to and when the other server is up it saves it to that one?

How does a recovery file getting overwritten end up with you not having a save file? You should be fine unless it’s overwriting it with a corrupted file.

404 is not a server error.

It has overwritten the save file and usually when I see http it is accessing a server and it accompanied with 404 would make a person like me think http (404) ‘not found’ would mean to me that it can’t find the server by it saying http with 404 like if a website isn’t found or server . This is saving to ROBLOX issue. Making a save file on computer is temporary if your working with a team at diffirent time zones so having the file there when you aren’t there is very important.

1 Like

You guys might want to make it your policy to save locally as you work. I’ve seen autosave files become corrupted and there are many times when random assets won’t load (they load next time though). I think it’s like any other website in that you are pulling files using http/https.

Is there a way to upload the local file without publishing it into public because we did that before and it updated the game to public when we wanted the local one publish to not public.

Well I don’t use Team Create but you can make the place private and when you Save to Roblox it just updates the file online. It shouldn’t make itself public if it is set to private. Someone more familiar with Team Create will know more. I am paranoid of place stealing before I can even finish, so personally, I keep a private empty place online for testing different elements, then clean it up. My big map/place stays in a folder backed up to my encrypted Megasync account. If the file gets corrupted I can go to Mega and restore an earlier version. I don’t use autosave anymore. The rule is “save early, save often.” You quickly get used to knowing when to save… especially when you wouldn’t be happy having to redo something.

ill have to introduce that to them thanks for replying but it dose not solve the problem but this problem shouldn’t really happen as often as it should.

Agreed. It’s not perfect but “save early, save often” is something I was taught before Roblox because you can’t rely on things going smoothly with computers in general. I agree the autosave thing should be fixed and there are ways to alert Roblox engineers of this problem… one of which you’ve done here.

I’ll do that it’s just the waiting game now :confused:

1 Like

I managed to get this bug again and its getting annoying i checked the roblox site and dose not say having maintenance but i get this error constantly and i do not want to lose progress again ill make a backup but this is happening frequently now.

it happened 3/28/2020 at 12:12am Pacific Time Zone

I suggest performing in local saves in the mean time. The only possible thing I can personally think of is the game attempting to save itself to the wrong endpoint.

I could see that and this is a diffirent place this time so must not only be me maybe?

2 Likes