Autobiographer badge

The Developer Forum doesn’t have (EDIT)our own profile pictures, so I feel like this shouldn’t say anything about a profile picture.

9 Likes

It does, which is set upon logging in, only that we cannot freely change it. So the SSO method sets a profile picture.

7 Likes

I don’t think this is a necessary feature.

2 Likes

This feature definitely isn’t worth a post about. Seems nitpicky to me.

But @sjr04 is who you should listen to. We dont set the profile picture because it automatically is connected to the Roblox account we log in with.

3 Likes

Yeah, the profile picture is set for us that’s why the description is invalid - as it says “Selected a profile picture” which we did not do, so it doesn’t really fit

1 Like

No, the web developer who made DevForum mistook DevForum as a social media, and Roblox web developers can’t fix it now so…

1 Like

99% sure it can be changed, the devforum uses Discourse (an open source forum), so everything can be changed as far as im aware

1 Like

If we’re going to be pedantic then in theory we do “select” it – the profile picture is based on our Roblox avatar, which can be changed to our liking.

3 Likes

Does it automatically change? I updated my ROBLOX avatar about a week or two ago and it seems like devforum has not updated to match it yet.

2 Likes

They don’t want to waste resources checking every few minutes on every single devforum user who changes their avatar. They will likely cycle through and it may take up to a month.

But yes, it will automatically change once detected

2 Likes

You can update your profile picture by logging out and logging back in.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. But it’s a really normal question. Everyone is answering that yes it should be added or yes this is a problem. There is no meaning to create a topic for this. They wanted to tell something else and the Topic creator thought something else and people will think something else and the whole community will think something else and it will start a great rumor and the YouTubers will start making videos about this and it will rule the world like Squid Game.

1 Like

The effort re-localizing this string from what Discourse provides by default in X languages outweighs the benefit, especially since the badges are not the core focus of this forum. This is a wont-fix, sorry about that.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.