Autocomplete inserts the autocomplete in the wrong section

When i try to use autocomplete, it keeps inserting the text a few characters before where the text cursor is located.

Example:

Game:GetService,
with autocomplet would ocassionally do this instead
Ga:GetServicecme

Expected behavior

Insert autocorrect prompt content correct spot for the line.

1 Like

Has there been an update regarding this? Studio’s autocomplete is entirely unusable because of this.

Which button do you press to accept the autocomplete suggestion? I recall there being an intentional difference between Tab and Enter with suggestion acceptance, but I’m not entirely sure.

I use mostly Enter, i ocasionally use tab. The issue comes when autocomplete suggests something and because im going full speed with code, i press enter and it bugs out my code, inserting in the incorrect spot, forcing me to stop and correct the issue.

1 Like

It looks like this is intentional behavior as I mentioned. Only Enter has this behavior, and Tab doesn’t.

But, seemingly, the behaviors were switched, so contrary to this post, Enter can be used to preserve existing text, while Tab can be used when you want to replace all of it.

In the video, I use Enter the first time, and Tab the second time.

So it looks like you need to use Tab when you don’t want the suggestion to be inserted into where your cursor is. You could also make a Feature Request to ask for customization, like through Studio’s keyboard shortcuts menu, so you can change what Enter does.

disregard

The issue is because im speed typing, and i use enter to try to goto the next line, it instead autocompletes and inserts the text a few characters behind where the text cursor is. Is there a way that the autocomplete only shows a few seconds AFTER you type? I love the power of its autocomplete, but it is a hinderance when im trying to type code out normally. I have to disable autoco plete entirely just to type out scripts.

I didnt finish reading your post when replying. I will post a feature request. thanks.

Thanks. Ill submit a request to customize its behaviour.

Regardless this should be addressed. It happened with the last update, and worked perfectly fine before. I love the platform,and the engine so much, i hope this gets fixed.

Could you post a video of this bug happening? There are a couple of possible scenarios here and it’d be useful to see which exactly you’re running into.

1. Are you seeing this in the command bar or the main script editor?
  2. Are you in a Team Create session?
  3. Have you changed any script editor settings?
  1. Its in the main script editor.
  2. Yes
  3. Outside of turning off/on autocomplete, no.

Update:
I tested it on a different computer and now its working fine.
When I get home after work, I will reinstall roblox studio.

I re-installed roblox studio on the computer, and it seems to have been resolved. Thanks everyone for helping with addressing the issue. i really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Thank you for the update - In that case I will mark this as resolved.