Autocomplete is broken/screwy AGAIN!

We had about a week of autocomplete/typechecking behaving well. That stopped today. Now, as you’re typing, autosuggestions disappear (even if you’re typing everything properly.) This was an issue about a month ago and was resolved, but today it’s back & awful again. I was typing slow to give time for autocomplete to load. Gif attached.

RobloxStudioBeta_7EQFmBKeQq

3 Likes

I’ve had a similar problem where it would list the correct suggestions, but the thing you typed is at the top of the list instead of the suggestion. Not sure if it’s related or not.

This is nuts man. Script editor has been so consistently bad over the past few months. It’s fixed, then it’s not, then it’s fixed! then it’s not.

RobloxStudioBeta_bPTwDehcHC

Hi @ForeverDev, I apologize that this is happening. As we know, autocomplete and language features are critical to a developer’s productivity. We want to learn more about your settings to better understand why this is happening to you and how to fix it.

1. Have you enabled Team Create mode for your place? If so, have you turned on collaborative mode? Is anyone else also working on the place at the same time?
  2. Do you have any plugins installed? If so, could you try disabling all of them to see if the problem still occurs?

Also, would you share your placeID for us? Thank you for helping investigation.

Hello.

1.Team Create is enabled, but not collaborative editing. There are 7 people working on the project in total.
2. No plugins installed

Place ID: 8737899170

1 Like

Everything is back to normal and functioning properly today.

1 Like

Hi David,

I’m glad to hear that the issue is no longer happening.

One thing I’d like to mention is that in the current implementation, the typechecking cache could be cleared if the instance hierarchy changes.

For example, if your team frequently adds and moves parts around while you’re scripting, it will affect the overall typechecking performance, especially in a large-scale place.

We do have a few ways to mitigate and solve this issue both in the short and long term, such as keeping outdated cache, parallel computing, and incremental updates.

We’re actively working on it and will keep the community posted.

Thank you for the report!

1 Like

This issue is happening again as of this morning.

Hi David,

Sorry to hear that. We would like to gather more information to better address this issue.

Were you synchronizing edits with a teammate this morning? For instance, was one of your teammates moving parts or adding objects while you were working on the script? We have observed that multiple users were working on this place at the same time.

This is still happening, even when I’m the only one actively working on the project.

Hi we’re working on a project to enable continuous updates to the type checker, (assuming it’s not better already based on the performance improvements mentioned) this will be addressed when that feature ships. Just let us know if you have any questions, thanks again!

1 Like