Autocorrect all occurrences of "ROBLOX" to "Roblox"

Alright this might sound very silly and niche but hear me out.

Roblox branding guidelines say to use “Roblox”, not “ROBLOX”. While the latter was the old name, that has now changed. And seeing this is the official developer forum, I believe the branding guidelines for it should be enforced here. Using the old name can be confusing to newer users with less experience on the platform.

4 Likes

Roblox is still in all caps in certain places.

If you mean the logo, that is the exception.

5 Likes

Yeah that is just the logo.

But the actual name.

1 Like

Relevant: Change ROBLOX's profile name to Roblox

1 Like

That is for changing the name of the “ROBLOX” account on the main website, I am talking about the forum, hence Forum Feedback.

So if a reply contains “ROBLOX” it would be autocorrected to “Roblox”.

image It also states on the Login link when you search Roblox and scroll down; Login to ROBLOX.

Can’t confirm.

What did you search? This alone would be better of reported as a website bug anyway.

Google, must be my search engine and history that differs.

Hello,

For me it says BOTH. On top it’s ROBLOX but on the bottom it’s Roblox.

ROBLOX

Remember that this topic is requesting that new occurrences of “ROBLOX” on the forums be changed to “Roblox”, not about how it shows up on google searches. For that a feature request on #platform-feedback:website-features can be filed, not here

Seems overbearing and overengineered, I don’t think this is a good idea. They are brand guidelines, users are not forced to use them.

9 Likes

Well, Roblox used to look back then like the name, ‘ROBLOX’, because of the old logo or the username. (https://www.roblox.com/users/1/profile) The old logo ran from 2007 to January, 2017. Here is this picture from 2007 (to 2009) when Roblox was still in beta.

Roblox page from Late 2007.

Roblox page from 2008.

Roblox page from 2009.
zqvic5mgcs
And in Late 2015, Roblox had change its logo, but remasterd.

Here’s this photo from 2016, but the Sign up page.

But in January, 2017, Roblox had changed its logo. And in around late 2017, Roblox renamed its name from ‘ROBLOX’ to ‘Roblox’.

Here’s those two sign up pages. One from 2017-Early 2019, and the new sign up page from Late 2019-present.

2 Likes