Automatic Plane Landing

So i am currently trying to make a space shuttle landing system. The space shuttle uses BodyVelocity to launch into space. But i have a problem when landing. How would i go about making an automated landing system. BodyVelocity would be pretty messy. So how would i go about making an automated landing on a runway?

You could set a position in front of the runway that it must go to, then you can simply do a pre programmed landing from there.
But why would you automate landing it? In kerbal space program i’ve found that managing to land a spacecraft be it on eve or kerbin’s runway, to be one of the most fun parts of the game. landing could be a massive challenge for the player, but that’s not the issue. mastering the game’s mechanics is the most fun part but on roblox the biggest issue, as the site is full of children who only want instant gratification from a game. just play tc3 for a while; though the tutorial sucks, you’ll see that not many players managed to even get the lvl 5 badge because the game doesn’t nearly instantly gratify them with a victory. so either they’ll leave (99%) or they’ll become part of the less than ~2% that passed lvl 5. making a “LAND HERE” button is simply no fun. Players who are there to learn the ins and outs of your game will straight up esc>L>enter when they see that, so it’s a tradeoff you’ll need to make.
robux or game; children or players.

If you love math, one way to achieve this is with Bezier curves. You then set the BodyVelocity Vector3 value to follow that path onto the landing zone.
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/dont-understand-bezier-curves/840476/3?u=softed

1 Like