Automatic publication of posts

Continuing the discussion from Allow more drafts in your account at once without using anything off site:

Following up on my previous message, it would be a useful innovation to add a feature for the automatic publication of drafts. Users will be able to specify the date, time, and section for publication, and the draft will be published automatically after the set period.

This will allow users to prepare and schedule posts in advance, which will be published precisely at the specified time. This functionality is especially convenient for those working with news resources or publishing educational materials on the forum.

3 Likes

i would also love to see this but you’re best off requesting it on https://meta.discourse.org, they prob wont help you here

1 Like

Can you explain more about your use case?

Injecting a little bit but this is useful for update logs in #bulletin-board, planned releases to #resources:community-tutorials, and some other use cases not relevant enough to be listed bere

I would expect Bulletin Board to move off-forum eventually once we have sufficient Roblox Communities support for these kind of bulletins. It’s pretty strange currently that we’re asking you to send your users to a devforum post to get important content about your game, this ideally shouldn’t live on the forum long-term and be more tightly integrated with the games page / your community’s content.

For all other categories, I want to know why the precise timing matters to you?

1 Like

A good example of this is when I was trying to release version 1.1 of my admin system this weekend but it was 2:30 AM local time on Friday so I felt it was an unreasonable time to make a post, but I wake up insanely late on weekends so the update wasn’t out until exactly 2:30 Saturday… If I had the ability to schedule a post I would have scheduled it for 11 AM or so.

1 Like

Interestingly, I came across an automatic publication thing in Discourse earlier but it’s not really useful since I doubt you can use it unless you’re TL3 or TL4 (I’m TL4 on the forum that I found this on) and it involves messaging another user.

Perhaps it could be opened to everyone though?

I don’t think we’re using any plugins for this afaik.