Automatic Size Property: Now Available

That’s pretty cool. Now I don’t have to use scripts to achieve this.

5 Likes

This is a really nice and helpfull update!

5 Likes

Love it, I’ll for sure have to make some tweaks to my chat system to include this new release.

5 Likes

Not exactly if its a bug or something, But I did notice this
https://gyazo.com/63d7bf182fcb98f3c6905b303ebc7ca0

File
BugFile.rbxm (4.8 KB)

Edit:
Addon to that bug, if you set the Size Type to XY with one of the scales set to 1 it will create a infinite frame

https://gyazo.com/4386e3e53fe1610cae8309e4fd381b3e
How to replicate | Just set the AutomaticSize to XY

7 Likes

Great update, thank you so much! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s great to see that this feature is now released, amazing! I was just wondering, is there possibly an ETA on when some of the known bugs will be fixed? I had a bug I reported in the Beta (AutomaticSize Studio Beta - #76 by JohnnyMorganz), and it seems to still be present in the main feature. This bug is very common in my development, as it affects all my ScrollingFrames, so I can’t use the feature right now :pensive: - hope it gets fixed soon!

7 Likes

Great Addition! I have a couple things in mind that would benefit from this! Just one question, why is this property available for all UI Objects? For example, I can use this property on Frames but I do not see how this could be applied to Frames , can someone show an example?

6 Likes

Was working on a project. Found out I needed something like this, and now it is coincidentally added. Thank you very much and keep bringing more good updates!!

6 Likes

Does anyone know if this will work on SurfaceGuis? Since I bet my bus destination signs would benefit from this since the text changes depending on the route and via etc.

5 Likes

Oh! This is a really cool something I’ve been waiting for for a long time now. Thank you! No more text getting flowed off of my buttons!

5 Likes

Thank you for releasing this! I’ve been using this for a while and it has been extremely useful.

I’ve been primarily using this in ScrollingFrames as I don’t have a use for it in anything else currently.

5 Likes

Pretty cool however i do have one question will this feature work ingame or only in studio?

3 Likes

In game and in Studio, since they made it public to everyone. That mean out of Beta.

3 Likes

Finnaly! Finnaly!

Does this mean that my 3 hours of work doesn’t matter

5 Likes

Looks like a great feature I’ll use a lot!

Right after Google Docs released text filling that’s weird

I know they weren’t just copying Google I’m sure it takes a while to create anything

3 Likes

This is an amazing update. I’ve been really wanting something like this for a while, so this is a great update!

2 Likes

This doesn’t really affect me because im a composer, but really cool!

2 Likes

Looks like an awesome update I will definitely try it out.

2 Likes

Hi @minkmink - overall, UI performance should be roughly the same.

3 Likes

This would be useful for stuff like a display of how much currency you have or descriptions