Automatic Size Property: Now Available

Hi @AstroCode - thanks for pointing this out! This should now be resolved if you refresh.

9 Likes

Saw this a couple days ago… FINALLY!
A built-in method for dynamically sizing UI, this will be great for expanding dialogue and allowing more allocated space depending on how large the screen’s resolution is.
With this we can add more content to the player’s screen if there’s more free space, and save space at the same time with AutomaticSize!

also typo right there :eyes:

7 Likes

Thanks for letting me know!

(Also wow you’re one of the few staff members that actually comments to questions on their posts. :smiley: That gives me hope in the game still that there are people who will listen.)

Anyway, looks good and I’m excited to start implementing this property into my game, especially with localization.

8 Likes

I just enable the feature and it just like the text label I type and it resizes until I stop writing things.

6 Likes

I really appreciate this update, I believe that it could be helpful to people who are trying to make things like typewriter effects(as shown in the examples), they could get real creative and have it move vertically for their game. I hope to see some awesome creations from this.

4 Likes

This new addition is pretty cool! I can imagine it would get used a lot in story games.

also you spelt something wrong here. everybody has a typo every once and a blue I get it.

5 Likes

This is great for ScrollingFrames :open_mouth:

5 Likes

does that mean that roblox’ archaic chat is finally getting that performance overhaul? it currently consists of a million different ui elements of which half are not even used

4 Likes

Finally its here, cannot wait to test this. But there is alot of issues. This is not a problem because its a really new feature and kinda early release. So yeah, good feature but issues

5 Likes

Cool update. Thanks to add this just before the moment I was thinking to create some progress bar. Every time you release perfect update for me for everything I have to do. Thanks Roblox.

5 Likes

That is so cool! I am sure there will be a lot to use it with!

5 Likes

That’s pretty cool. Now I don’t have to use scripts to achieve this.

5 Likes

This is a really nice and helpfull update!

5 Likes

Love it, I’ll for sure have to make some tweaks to my chat system to include this new release.

5 Likes

Not exactly if its a bug or something, But I did notice this
https://gyazo.com/63d7bf182fcb98f3c6905b303ebc7ca0

File
BugFile.rbxm (4.8 KB)

Edit:
Addon to that bug, if you set the Size Type to XY with one of the scales set to 1 it will create a infinite frame

https://gyazo.com/4386e3e53fe1610cae8309e4fd381b3e
How to replicate | Just set the AutomaticSize to XY

7 Likes

Great update, thank you so much! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s great to see that this feature is now released, amazing! I was just wondering, is there possibly an ETA on when some of the known bugs will be fixed? I had a bug I reported in the Beta (AutomaticSize Studio Beta - #76 by JohnnyMorganz), and it seems to still be present in the main feature. This bug is very common in my development, as it affects all my ScrollingFrames, so I can’t use the feature right now :pensive: - hope it gets fixed soon!

7 Likes

Great Addition! I have a couple things in mind that would benefit from this! Just one question, why is this property available for all UI Objects? For example, I can use this property on Frames but I do not see how this could be applied to Frames , can someone show an example?

6 Likes

Was working on a project. Found out I needed something like this, and now it is coincidentally added. Thank you very much and keep bringing more good updates!!

6 Likes

Does anyone know if this will work on SurfaceGuis? Since I bet my bus destination signs would benefit from this since the text changes depending on the route and via etc.

5 Likes