Automatic translation overwrote a large majority of my experience's manually translated strings

Reproduction Steps
Check the localization information for The Day the Noobs Took Over Roblox 3. Specifically for Spanish, Portuguese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Russian.

Expected Behavior
Manual translation is NEVER overwritten by automatic translation.

Actual Behavior
Automatic translation decided to overwrite nearly ALL of my experience’s manual translation. As an added bonus, it used half of my monthly automated translation quota.

I have “Automatic Text Capture” off and I don’t upload tables manually, so if there’s any malformed strings that caused this, it was something caused via the translation website.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Critical
Frequency: Often
Date First Experienced: 2022-08-27 04:08:00 (-07:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-08-28 00:08:00 (-07:00)

34 Likes

Thank you for the report. We are looking into this now

6 Likes

We have identified the source of the problem. We will be removing those translations and resetting the quotas of all of the affected experiences

7 Likes

Thank you for the swift replies + transparency!

I’ll mark your post as the solution once it is resolved or if you have a follow up. :pray:

2 Likes

Hey there,
we are facing the same issue at ER:LC - is there an update on how long this is going to take?

Thanks in advance,
George.

1 Like

Hey all, we’ve fixed the bug that caused this issue and corrected the translations. We are currently in the process of resetting the quotas of all affected experiences. Thank you for your patience.

Please let us know if you’re seeing the proper translations.

4 Likes

This appears to have made it worse.

It wiped the localization history for some of the manual strings, leaving only the automatic translation.

Hi cloakedyoshi,

Can you double-check and let me know if your quota has been replenished? I’m taking a deep dive through your localization table and fixing some more strings that were overriden with automatic translations. We made an initial run-through that fixed a good chunk of the translations that had been automatically overriden, but we found some more that still need to be fixed.

Our fix should not have wiped localization history for manual strings (translation history cannot be overriden); can you send screenshots of some of the strings where you’re seeing that issue? I’ll take a look into that as well.

If anybody else is still seeing manual translations that are overriden with automatic strings, please reply below with a link to your universe and we’ll prioritize fixing the translations and recrediting lost quota ASAP. Much thanks to everybody for their patience, and our apologies for the mishap.

1 Like

Hi! Thanks for your help on this.

My monthly quota is still half full, but it looks like it gave me more room on my initial quota though. So I think that’s essentially replenished.

It’s possible that we may be mistaken; however, the localizers say that these strings feel like they would’ve manually translated them from how the automated tone has handled them:

Unsure if it takes some time to kick in, but we’re still seeing a lot of automatically overwritten strings:

2 Likes

Hey there,
this issue is still going on at ER:LC, is there an estimated time for it to come to a fix?
There are around 2,000+ strings, and 3 languages, we are unable to copy-paste as we do not have that amount of time.

Thanks in advance,
George.

1 Like

ERLC Universe Id: 903807016. As you can see from the above post, still having issued

1 Like

If it helps make it any easier, our localizers have had a translation freeze since 8/28. If rolling back to 8/26 or even slightly before is possible, we’d gladly take it.

Can you double-check your localization table now? We ran a custom migration script on your localization table which should have undone the AT overwrites on your table.

1 Like

Can you also double-check your localization table? We ran a custom migration script on your localization table which should have undone the AT overwrites on your table as well.

2 Likes

Yes, everything seems fine now, thank you!

2 Likes

It appears to be resolved, thank you!

1 Like