Automatic translations not generating

In my game, I have automatic translations + capture enabled, yet no translations are being populated. This is occurring for game name, description, and strings.

Please advise. Thank you.

Hey @silky_dev we are looking into this now. Have you ever manually cleared or deleted translations for you experience?

Yes in an attempt to fix this bug ~2 weeks ago I manually cleared translations.

hey @silky_dev , for the issue you’re seeing with the experience name/description not translating, can you push a whitespace change (ie add a new space or any other character) to the name/description to force a new translation update? You should see the new translation in a couple of minutes.

For issues with scraping - if you manually delete translations from your localization table, ATC will not rescrape those entries to prevent filling your table up with junk. That would explain why you don’t see entries being repopulated if they’re the same as the ones you’ve cleared previously.

@silky_dev if you’d like to, we can also enroll this experience in the ATC2.0 rollout - this would repopulate the entries that’d been wiped and would also help the entries get retranslated. Would you like us to do that?

Just curious here, when we update a games description and it has automatic translations turned on, will the translated description auto update?

1 Like

Yes please, I’d like to be added to ATC2.0.

In the meantime, what is the best solution to repopulate the entries that were wiped?

Yes, the translations will be automatically updated if you had AT turned on prior to the name/descriptions update.

1 Like

You could upload the table via a CSV file in Roblox Studio. More information can be found in the documentation here - Translating In-Experience Content | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub