Automatic weld when duplicating?

For some reason, my parts keep automatically gaining welds upon duplicating a part. I have checked if the part I am duplicating had a weld before hand, and it didn’t. I’m not too sure if it’s a bug or feature, but if a feature is there a way to turn it off?

Do note this only happens one in twenty, maybe thirty times.

3 Likes

Is this a studio base problem, and whats material is the weld on?

Normally it doesn’t matter about the material, any part such as SmoothPlastic, Grass, Glass, etc.

I’ll see if I can get a gif of it to make it clearer.

There has been many reports of this over the forum, mainly due to the studio itself. And you can find this all by typing in “Weld” into the search bar. As a builder with welds poping up its normally the case of a Free model or a case of a non-plastic material. However I am still confused myself.

3 Likes

There is an easy solution to this. Im not at my computer right now so Ill have to wait until I get home to answer. Im replying now to save this thread and I will edit this reply once im back.

Essentially you just have to untick a box next to the movement properties in studio and studio will stop adding in welds

I answered it her, or something similar.

1 Like

I thought joining services was for allowing parts to touch each other?

@ABritishChap Well, it does in a way. - But via welds.

Edit:

Making it disabled stops the welding.

@Citrus_HD Is there a way to still allow joining surfaces but just without the welds?

1 Like

@ABritishChap Have you tried to delete the welds? It might work, not sure.
Believe its the welds making it a “Joint surface”.