Automatically add a model to every player when they respawn or join

It’s simple once you know how to do it

All you have to do is this

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player))
	player.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(character))
		local backpack = [Your backpack]:Clone()
		backpack.Parent = character
		backpack.PrimaryPart.CFrame = character.UpperTorso.CFrame

local weld = Instance.new("Weld")
		weld.Parent = character.UpperTorso
		weld.Part0 = character.UpperTorso
		weld.Part1 = backpack.PrimaryPart
	end)
end)

(untested code, hope it works for you)

This code detects when a player joins the game, then when a player’s character loads/respawns and welds the backpack to the torso (for r6 just change UpperTorso to Torso)

Also make a part on the backpack that is set as the primary part and is where the player’s torso will be

1 Like

how do i make a part primary part?

1 Like

Click on the model that the part is in, click primary part and click on the part that you want

I made a small test model and made one of the parts primary, i changed the [your part] to the directory to the grouped model but it doesnt come on the player

Any errors in the output? (text limit )

not that i can find off, its filled with other stuff

I’m so stupid, I forgot that you need to weld all the parts in the backpack to the primary part or they won’t be connected. Try that!

1 Like

how do i try that? (char limit)

Install Rig Edit Lite - RigEdit Lite - Roblox
Then go into roblox studio - click plugins at the top and select rig edit
Then click the primary part of the backpack, and then select all other parts of the backpack, making sure that the primary part is the first one you selected
Then you click “Create Welds” in the rig edit menu

any idea how i can fix this error? ive had this the past week and its bugging me out

No, It looks like that’s a windows access thing, you’ll have to look that up yourself

1 Like

Has that worked for you? (char limit)

1 Like

im trying to find a solution to this error, because to install the plugin it starts studio from the browsers and creates this error

1 Like

i actually found a solution and tried it twice, no luck. the people in the comments say it worked for them but it hasnt for me…

found this - Failed to create key for elevation policy
that might work

Add your script inside the player character(by parenting it inside StarterPlayer.StarterCharacterScripts), it will run every time the character respawns, and to retrieve their player/character/humanoid all you have to do is:

--Script/LocalScript under game.StarterPlayer.StarterCharacterScripts
local character = script.Parent --the script runs inside the character
local player = game.Players:GetPlayerFromCharacter(character)
local humanoid = character:WaitForChild("Humanoid")

--use the player/character/humanoid to run your backpack code

Even if the parts are welded together, it doesnt “show up” on my character, is this script supposed to go in a server side script in workspace or does it have a special location

i made a short clip of what i want to achieve, i want the green on the back and the white on the front.

https://gyazo.com/6c501e985e8292689c1db2ca1f344827

So add a part in the middle of them, the same size as a torso, that will be the primary part

Could I see an image of the rig in rigEdit?

I wasn’t able to solve the error in anyway, I welded it together with the f3x plugin.