Automatically Highlight the Search Box on the Wiki

As a Roblox developer, it is currently a bit annoying to look something up on the wiki.

It’s good right now, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be improved, though. I’m that guy who’s obsessed with keyboard shortcuts (I blame Taran Van Hemert), and the less I have to move my mouse around, the better. I also look at the wiki a hundred times per day, and I do it by hitting F1, which automatically opens it in Chrome. Now, it opens the Roblox Studio Overview page, which is never what I’m looking for, and I always have to search for what I want instead–even though I can understand why it opens on that page, and I’m not asking for that to be changed.

What I’d like to be able to do is hit F1 from Studio and immediately be able to type in what I’m looking for, without having to drag my mouse across the screen to the search box. I feel that the best way to achieve this is by having the search box automatically capture focus, much like Google and YouTube.

It’s a tiny thing that only takes away a couple of seconds, but those seconds add up. It would also make the wiki experience so much more satisfying.

5 Likes