AutomaticCanvasSize Breaks for GuiObject with UIAspectRatioConstraint and Children

This happens when an UIAspectRatioConstraint is present under a parent GuiObject which has children

Specifically when using this resource Layout Util

AutomaticCanvasSize is broken when there is a Child and UIAspectRatioConstraint under a GuiObject

You can see that the Red Frame is filled with Children while the Green Frame is empty

and then I add a child to the Green Frame to demonstrate that AutomaticCanvasSize breaks when a child is present

Repro.rbxl (27.9 KB)

1 Like

I’m afraid I don’t see a problem?

Hi @RuizuKun_Dev - thanks for reporting this issue! I believe this is an issue similar to previous reports of AutomaticCanvasSize not working properly with size constraints, however, I created a ticket to investigate your specific report in case there are any differences in behavior from what we’ve seen.

2 Likes

Hi @Scalper85 - it’s a little difficult to see, but if you watch closely, the scrollbar isn’t updating in response to the green elements being adding to the scrolling frame, which means the canvas size isn’t updating properly (when AutomaticCanvasSize is set).

3 Likes

I apologize for bringing this topic up again, but I seem to be encountering this issue.

I have the exact same issue, where TextButtons are parented under the ScrollingFrame, and AutomaticCanvasSize just does not work…