AutomaticSize doesn't respect UISizeConstraint constraints

Reproduction Steps

System Information

• CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
  • Memory: 16.0GB

Reproduction File

Expected Behavior
AutomaticSize should clamp the size after calculating it if a UISizeConstraint is found present under the GuiObject.

Actual Behavior
AutomaticSize completely ignores any UISizeConstraint.

For example, if the AutomaticSize property of a Frame is set to Y then the size should be 200x200.
The problem is if I have a UISizeConstraint under the Frame with AutomaticSize enabled, it won’t clamp it down to 100x100.

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Display
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly

8 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ve filed a ticket to our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

4 Likes

Bumping this; I can’t report bugs for some reason :pensive:.

AutomaticSize ignores both the SizeConstraint and ClipsDescendants properties of parents. This happens consistently.

3 Likes

We recently have an update around AutomaticSize using SizeConstraint. Please let me know if you can see the issue still, repro files are always welcome for any report.

4 Likes

It still happens; here’s a simple repro place:
AutomaticSize ignores UISizeConstraint bug.rbxl (43.6 KB)

Bump - this is still an issue as seen in the repro place above.

1 Like

still an issue and super easy to replicate, this is my current issue right now:

1. Frame with AutomaticSize set to Y
  2. UISizeConstraint in that Frame with Maximum.Y = 250 pixels
  3. ScrollingFrame parented to that Frame with AutomaticSize set to Y
  4. Put as many elements as possible and our root Frame will not respect the UISizeConstraint and go past 250 pixels
1 Like

going to re-bump this, ran into this exact issue once again in a different situation, trying to restrain a Frame that grows automatically according to a UIListLayout to not go out of a constrained area and because of this bug the constraint isn’t applied.

This is a huge problem, it would be great if there could be an update. Will have to resort to manually updating the Frame height to match the list contents/padding to keep the constraint behavior working.

1 Like