Avast Reporting Malware on Studio Launch

Fix for those with Avast Antivirus, it’s similar to the steps taken for AVG but just thought I’d include pics for the Avast users who might need some extra help:

Step 1:

Step 2:

(black boxes are just censors, dw about them)

Hope this helps others.

1 Like

Thanks avg was also blocking it, but did get a new error
New Error

Re installing studio fixed it

Kinda hoping Roblox would address the situation directly.
I’m aware false positives exist, but I always have an uneasy feeling about yanking stuff out from quarantine, seems risky.

6 Likes

Yeah, please everyone be aware that unqarentineing the file, should it actually be infected, puts your computer at risk.

Please wait for an official responce, or accept that you may be exposing your computer to a possible malware infection.

3 Likes

I don’t use avast, so it isn’t doing it to me

This method worked for me too! Thank you so much.

1 Like

Same here, I reported it to them (Avast), still no response, also I think that roblox can’t really or would want to do anything to fix this, since the thing reported is not an virus, but they will have to just wait for avast to whitelist this…

1 Like

I’m sorry if I got a little off topic.

In your case, I advise you to install another antivirus on your computer because Avast has gone bad.

Reasons

1. It allows browsers to access your personal information.
  2. It clogs memory and impairs computer performance. It can also cause other programs to suffer (In your case, Roblox Studio suffers)

I advice you Install another antivirus, such as “Malwarebytes”. I am using This antivirus and it works perfectly. Roblox Studio works with it and there are no problems with launching.

EDIT :
But before installing another antivirus , first of all, you must uninstall Avast.

2 Likes

I get the same error. I even tried reinstalling but it still doesn’t work.

1 Like

This appears to either be an issue with Windows corrupting the DLL, an issue with a globally used malware database, or something else. I did a full in-depth scan of my computer and found more than one result for this dll. This isn’t just a Roblox thing. Happens with any occurrence of the same DLL. Likely an issue for the DLL developer to fix or for whatever database these Antivirus programs pull information from.

This should be a safe file and some programs may allow whitelisting the specific file name for use across the system.

Programs displayed in the image are Roblox and Nox.

Omg same, i try to start roblox, and it crashed. I even tried to reinstall

1 Like

Roblox games do not modify dll files on your computer. This is not an issue specifically with game developers.

Huh? In picture youve linked, two detections are from Roblox (middle ones) and others are from some Nox you have installed on your pc and on your flash disk or other disk.

How is that related to Windows?

Seems that library is Google’s product - ANGLE libGLESv2 Dynamic Link Library. If it’s recognized as malware, I’d assume that it has some vulnerabilities so your antivirus tries to protect you from that even if it’s not exploited, but could be.

Seems like other games are suffering from the same thing (check Two items of Malware found following re-subscription to Avast , Avast detects hearthstone file as malware - Technical Support - Hearthstone Forums )

^ as specified in the 2nd link (blizzard’s forum) it is most likely caused by library update. The old version might have been whitelisted, but not the new one.

This might be reason why the file is being recognized as trojan as they often try to act like normal system files.

Best way to deal with it is reporting it as false positive to the antivirus producers. If it’s important library in Roblox client and was there for long time, they will unlikely be able to get rid of it / replace it, so the only way is to reach out antivirus support.

For avast, such form may be found here: False Positive File Form

1 Like

I can confirm the problem also affects me. Sending a screenshot right up !

1 Like

Moved this to Platform Feedback from Studio Bugs to prevent low-ball responses.

3 Likes