Avast Reporting Malware on Studio Launch

When launching roblox studio avast is marking the file “libGLESv2.dll” as “Win64:Malware-gen”
The file is located in “versions\version-f0df799f8c8a4f92\libGLESv2.dll”

I have uninstalled/reinstalled and received the same notification; Is this a false positive?

34 Likes

6 posts were split to a new topic: Feedback - Replying to Bug Reports

It’s saying that for me to, with Avast. I’m uninstalling Avast.

3 Likes

i also think that avast think that the file has a virus but it actually dont

2 Likes

You can make a ‘Exception’ with Avast. But, I still get an error.

5 Likes

I get this error.
I tried reinstalling it. Still doesn’t work.

(EDIT: This is extremely annoying, now I have to shutdown my game because of exploiters.)

3 Likes

The falsely detected “libGLESv2.dll” is moved to the “virus chest”, so I searched for “libGLESv2.dll” there and clicked something like “Correct and then return to the original location” in the additional processing. If you open it again later, I think it will be fixed.
(This method fixed me.)

8 Likes

Seconded, have just done the same by opening the virus chest and returning it to its original file - now working fine

1 Like

So recently a family member got hacked on their Mac. So I called their tech support and I was recommended from Apple this one Scanner. I actually downloaded it on my Mac as of now and I now have a habit of running at least once maybe more times a day. I’m not sure why your Malware detector is finding something but when my method from Apple doesn’t find anything it leads me to believe your program is faulty. I’ll send over my program if you’d like.

2 Likes

Really Im just trying to varify if it’s a false negative or not.

4 Likes

That’s weird because I just went to VirusTotal and Checked it you can see it here

3 Likes

Can you not whitelist roblox so that you let it through?

1 Like

I also had this happen to me with AVG.

2 Likes

I’m also experiencing this exact message, but with AVG.

1 Like

I’m currently experiencing similar issues however the message I recieve is slightly different.

Like others said before, reinstalling studios doesn’t work.

1 Like

Experiencing the same issue; libGLESV2.dll being found as malware.
Current workaround as I found it is to disable the file scanner before reinstalling studio, then enabling it again.

4 Likes

How did you do it? Because I can’t find the proper folder to put it in.

1 Like

This is how you can fix the error (If you are using AVG)
Step 1:

Step 2:
Step 3:

Step 4:

12 Likes

I’m using Avast, but it still has that option. This would work, right?

Edit: it works, thx for the solution

3 Likes

Same thing with AVG.
Just made an exception.

1 Like