Avatar circles do not fit with the rest of the site

Generally everywhere there’s an avatar aside from group walls and the forums, avatars are displayed in circles. These circles do not come close to even remotely matching the rest of the site’s UI, and the miserable attempt at making the website hip and trendy by using circles should be removed.

Edit: btw, you can add these lines to a Stylish style to instantly get rid of these silly things:

.avatar-headshot-sm {
    border-radius: 0 !important;
    background-color: transparent !important;
  }

.avatar-card-fullbody {
  }

.avatar-card-container .avatar-card-fullbody {
    border: none !important;
  }

.avatar-headshot-lg {
  }

.avatar {
    box-shadow: none !important;
  }

.avatar img {
     box-shadow: none !important;
  }
12 Likes

Roblox’a Web designers are very interesting.

1 Like

CSS zero values should be unit-less according to the spec!

that’s a very tame version of what I’d call them

3 Likes

I like the circles :frowning:

2 Likes

I think it wouldn’t be so bad, if they didn’t seem to be obsessed with box-shadow. :confused:

Especially this:

One level of box-shadow is awful, but two levels is just revolting.

1 Like

But see, they’re just circles. That’s not a good reason to report this as a bug or to personally attack the designers (talking to everyone).

Maybe we should give constructive feedback to the web team without antagonizing them over it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 Likes

I agree. How are we supposed to expect them to listen to our opinions if we insult them?

It has become a tradition really. Remember when they made the site pages so white it made you blind in the morning?

1 Like

The unfortunate thing is that the web team has a history of not taking any user feedback into account when making key design decisions. (cough profile page cough) Since reasonable feedback often doesn’t work at all, people can understandably feel the need to use a different tone to try and draw the web team’s attention.

Regarding the avatar circles, I’m personally indifferent to their appearance. I’m just wondering what this means for the more crucial changes that the site needs - as in, I hope the web team isn’t putting off important things like fixing the profile page & adding profile customization just to make unnecessary cosmetic changes like this.

3 Likes

I like the circles, I just think the shadow should be less irritating.

I just noticed they changed how the tiles on the games page look too… I like having the image be the edge of the tile but holy crap remove the shadow from that part of the box at least. I came up with this concept a little while ago which matched the previous design just altered it to be a bit nicer, I’d prefer to see something like this. (Removes tile ads and changes the sponsored games to just be ads since that is literally what they are)

EDIT: Just made a new concept tile with what their current idea is and my previous concept combined… Can we have this? This would look so nice.

3 Likes

Nice concept, but the rounded edges should not be there. They clash with the rest of the websites square design.

I like the concept but in my opinion, current game icon/whatever you wanna call them boxes are looking perfectly fine, especially with the borderless icons update.

Regarding the OP, the circles inside box containers seems unnecessarily repetitive. Maybe if they remove the white box or made the circles the same color as the light grey BG. Not sure how to go about it if you’re trying to keep the circles. I do like the use of the circles in the messages and home page (your user icon) though.

I just noticed how the circles look on comments… my eyes hurt more than watching a video that somebody recorded with their phone vertically.

This just doesn’t work

The rest of the site looks pretty nice imo… but this… looks slightly weird :confused:

It’s also very hard to tell who they are just by looking (For example, I can recognise some of my friends outfits)

Dear god, no!

Thanks @jjwood1600 for pointing out the circle avatars were on running games. I’ve updated the style in the OP to nuke those and the circles on comments.

1 Like