Avatar Editor not updating avatar correctly

So within the last few months I’ve noticed a bug with the avatar editor that makes it not properly show the clothing you have selected. Instead, it shows what you had on right before “changing” clothing, basically not updating the avatar. I’m not sure if this occurs on Mobile as well but I’m on Google Chrome and this has been happening for a few months now.

You can see in the following video that, even though I have different items selected, I have an old avatar appearance loaded.

For some reason, this doesn’t happen every time I use the editor, but it has become a frequent issue that is irritating because I prefer to see how my avatar looks before actually using it.

16 Likes

I know someone who has had a similar issue. When they try to equip something in the editor, it hows the check mark, but doesn’t update the avatar visually. When you go to the item’s page, it says the item is owned. Hitting the three dots for options shows “Take Off” but when clicked it says the asset must be on the character in order to be taken off. Refreshing the avatar editor after attempting to equip the item (and getting the checkmark on it) just shows it not equipped.

This happened to me with the skin color changing feature.

I changed my torso color to red, reloaded, but it wasn’t red. I checked the color of the torso, and it reset to the color it was before. I had to reload multiple times before it actually changed.

I’ve had this issue many times in the past. I’ve seen it happening to a few other people as well. For me sometimes my profile shows the correct accessories on my avatar though the avatar editor doesn’t but other times it is completely inaccurate.

1 Like

I’ve had this problem with using saved costumes, specifically, the skin color.

My first avatar would for example be white (like rgb 255 255 255) and then I’d switch over to an avatar which was tan. The head would remain white for some reason and would not let me reload it to be tan unless I waited for a while.

I am in the process of checking over bug reports and following up on some bugs that haven’t received any activity in a while.
Is this issue still occurring or can you confirm that this bug has been resolved?

4 Likes

Sorry to be the person that bumps old topics, and I don’t know if this is related to the bug, but the picture below sometimes happens to me.

As you can see, it shows I have the Frog Beanie equipped, but it’s not actually on my avatar. For me, I fix this problem by taking the item off and putting it back on about 2 times, and that usually fixes the problem for me. Sometimes “redraw” works also. However, I can say I have probably experienced this bug. Of course, this may not fix your problem, nor be what you are experiencing. This is just from my experience. This may be different from your experience.

4 Likes

I’m going to have to bump this as well because it’s still a problem. This is happening with clothing as well. I can’t really change my avatar with this occurrence.

Here’s what I mean:

3 Likes

I have a similar issue, I cant change my avatar’s body parts or accessories. I hope this gets fixed soon,
I don’t wanna be stuck looking like download (15) forever.

1 Like

This has also been a problem for me and its been going on for a while. In order for me to apply something new like a shirt for example, I have to remove the current one I have on to then apply the new one onto my avatar. If I don’t remove the current shirt I have on and select a new one, it won’t apply and mark it as checked.
image image

3 Likes