Avatar Item Sales Now Part of Recurring Group Payouts

Hi Creators,

As you may have noticed, Avatar Item sales are now integrated into our recurring group payouts. Previously, creators had to manually process group payouts for Avatar Item sales. This integration, which began in November 2023, ensures consistency between Avatar Item sales and the group payout processes for other products like developer products and passes.

The group members receiving funds will still find them on their transactions page under the “Group Payouts” transaction type. We are dedicated to improving our platform, and this update is a step towards supporting the development and achievements of our creative community. To learn more, please check out recurring payouts.

Example: Recurring payout here is setup for LizardPrettyHands to automatically receive 60% of sales from all products (Avatar items, dev product, passes, etc) and the rest goes to group fund.

If you have any questions, please let us know below. Thank you!

169 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 10 minutes.

I am surprised this hasn’t been added years ago, regardless I think this is a great change

41 Likes

Cool update, happy that these minor yet major tweaks are being implemented!

19 Likes

This is a nice change! will definitely help those that prefer doing “percentage of sales” instead of “upfront payment”.
Anyways, I can’t wait for more UGC updates in the future, and HOPEFULLY we will get an option to delete previously uploaded items into the catalog. A lot of users have 2d & 3d clothing that might be copyrighted, and would like to delete them. We could have a similar system to devex, where the user has to do a form, pay the robux, and then the accessories they deleted will be refunded out of the robux the users paid.

28 Likes

Why was this announced so late?

any update regarding revenue, and especially so involving automation should be announced before the change happens

this was a clear lack of communication on roblox’s end about an update regarding revenue that should’ve been clearly communicated.

36 Likes

I love this! Any changes to the recurring payouts will always be appreciated. Are there any future plans on further customization for specific assets, passes, or UGC sales? For example where we can set payout percentages for other players where they receive a percent of those items sales specifically and not all the group sales?

23 Likes

Roblox is probably clearing all miscommunication regarding revenue to pave the path for the launch of Public UGC.

Yet again, I agree that this should’ve been announced as it was rolled out.

18 Likes

This is a pretty good improvement! I’m looking forward to more updates like this.

I second this, it’d suck if someone uploaded something only to find out years later that their item is now getting DMCA’d or something

26 Likes

Hi, amazing feature!

I have a clothing group with recurring payouts set up. The group owner got banned, so I have no other way to distribute funds other than the already recurring payouts. The group has around 70k in funds cause this feature doesn’t support backwards capability. Will you add that?

17 Likes

Nice! This should have been added from the beginning, but at least we have it now!

10 Likes

As the owner of many groups (yes, inactive, but still…), this is CRAZY! I will surely be using this!

Clearly should’ve been done earlier though.

6 Likes

A multi-selection dropdown bar to the left of the percentage would help specify the type of recurring group payouts. This would allow large studios to pay clothing designers and game developers separately instead of merging them into one category, potentially mispaying funds to the wrong people.

6 Likes

You could make a #feature-requests. I mean, if you have access unlike me.

4 Likes

I’m very surprised that this isn’t already a thing. Until that becomes a feature, I don’t think this update is something I’d want.

To add to this, I’d also like to see rank permissions for specific experiences instead of just all experiences. I’m tired of creating new groups for every single project I create, if I want to manage permissions and payouts separately.

6 Likes

Amazing update, However does anyone know what happens when a recurring group payout is set that overlays another already recurring group payout?

3 Likes

I see eye to eye with that.
For years, one of the major pain points in running a group with a lot of funds is that there was no way to automate payouts. Been dealing with this issue since 2019.

5 Likes

Good update if you want to collaborate with someone by making UGC item.

4 Likes

Really good update, however you guys should also look at the UGC Side of things and opening the applications for people that want to apply for the program :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Roblox will most likely not re-open applications again as they are working on making UGC be available for all Premium users, and later maybe for everyone.

As stated here:

2 Likes