Avatar items refuse to load past a certain point, even bringing up a redundant 'Warning' error message

Screenshot of Characters tab in Avatar. Notice only 11 have been loaded with no loading bar below. I have more than 11 purchased characters in my inventory.

(Images taken without any extensions enabled. Firefox 118.0.2 on latest Windows 10 Home build.)

Upon going into My Avatar and selecting Head & Body > Heads, I will only be able to scroll until a certain point, where I will be greeted with the error message and an endless loading bar. When selecting Characters > Purchase, I am only able to select 11 recently purchased characters, with no error message nor indication that it’s loading more characters that I have purchased in the past.

This was reported multiple times, with a recent bug report stating it was solved, but it has not been solved at all. Currently, the only workaround to applying older purchased dynamic heads on my avatar is to utilize AvatarEditorService in-game, and to scroll through the various Head & Body options to apply older inaccessible character limbs.

I expect to see all purchased and non-deleted dynamic heads and characters in My Avatar.

Edit: Now, Dynamic Heads will not load in Avatar at all, only displaying the ‘Warning’ error and an endless loading bar:

Characters/Purchased continues to display the same error, but I was able to display 14 purchased bundles instead of the 11 from my previous report:

7 Likes

Have you tried refreshing your page and trying it again? or maybe try a different browser?

1 Like

This might have something to do with ratelimiting. If you continue scrolling down after a while do the items load?

I went into Microsoft Edge, ver. 118.0.2088.76, no add-ons. Brings up the same issue as posted initially, even when refreshing.

As @0Tenth mentioned, it has to be an issue with rate-limiting and an issue with the API, as other bug reports have mentioned this more in-depth prior to mine. Scrolling down will load a bit more but stops at a certain point with the ‘warning’ error popping up.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! We’ll follow up when there’s any update on the issue.

4 Likes

Will this happen anytime soon?

There’s about 4 posts on this issue, including mine, and it affects all players and their avatars, so I’d hope they are investigating it closely and can give us an update by the middle of the month at the very least.

We have deployed another fix to support loading of heads or purchased characters.
Please let us know if you continue to see it.

It seems avatar items are finally loading, so I’m very thankful for the fix.

I did notice another issue, but I believe that belongs in a different report, so I’ll mark this as resolved at least!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.