Avatar looks messed up on the client and fine on the server when scaled

Game this is happening in: https://www.roblox.com/games/2722241155/Roblox-Island-Alpha

Ugh… I’m using the scale values inside the player’s humanoid and setting the value ON THE SERVER yet for some reason the character looks messed up on the client and fine on the server.

Client:
Nerd%20hair

Server:
Nerd%20hair

This is beyond frustrating. I’ve tried also setting the values on the client to no avail. Respawning the character works but obviously disrupts gameplay.

It might be worth noting that I’m using custom R15 rigs. I’m not using HumanoidDescriptions to change the scaling, just using the NumberValues in the character’s Humanoid.

1 Like

That is not usual behavior. The recent update to how characters probably broke something on Roblox’s end.

I suggest filling a bug report.

2 Likes

Okay… I still need a workaround for this if at all possible asap though.

I’d wait it out. A workaround to a Roblox side bug could just mean having to rewrite said code later on when Roblox fixes said bug.

1 Like

I don’t care if I need to rewrite the code. I need a fix for this asap. If anyone thinks they might have an idea, that’d be great. :slight_smile:

I’ll post a bug report when I have a sec.

Can confirm. A recent change seems to be causing similar issues with character scaling in Welcome to Bloxburg.

Using HumanoidDescriptions to set scaling values from the server.

Maybe move this to Bug Reports?

2 Likes

There is an issue we are aware of where after scaling, some Attachment Instances under the character on the client will have two child Instances named ‘OriginalPosition’ when they should only have one. If you notice this to be the case with your incorrect characters on the client, then it’s likely the same issue. We have a fix implemented, and it will be released in the coming weeks.

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks for the reply. Could I fix it by deleting one of the instances?

The safest thing to do is to wait for the fix to be released.

If you wanted to try something hacky, deleting all the incorrect ‘OriginalPosition’ Instances and then calling Humanoid:BuildRigFromAttachments() on the client, could work, but I cannot guarantee (so, try at your own risk, as it could be a waste of time). You’d also have to some way know which was the incorrect Instance in each case, and you’d need to know that replicating scale from server to client has finished.

1 Like

This issue should now be fixed

1 Like

There’s are still replication issues with character scaling.

For example, scaling won’t properly update on the client if the HumanoidRootPart is anchored.

Repro:

• Run ScalingBug.rbxl (18.6 KB) in Play Solo.
  • Click “Randomize Scaling Values”.
  • Notice how character scaling will update on server but not on client.

@CalGamesDev

2 Likes

thanks, we’ll take a look into that

1 Like