Are the “skinned” avatars available in the Roblox catalog?

I would love to build an avatar that actually looks like a person from scratch by adding my own shirt, pants, hair, and accessories (not a pre-built package like most Rthro avatars in the catalog I’ve seen).

3 Likes

2.0 is a Roblox package, the same applies for 3.0, Superhero etc.
Support for various packages would be nice, but they don’t seem to be used anymore (by that I mean new packages seem to no-longer be released)

3 Likes

Block rigs, both R15 and R6, should honestly just be removed from this and replaced with Dogu15. There is no use for R15 or R6 anymore with the Dogu rig.
Other than that, it’s an interesting feature but I don’t think it’s been thought out very well as it seems to be severely lacking features, such as packages, bundles, and the ability to use the avatars of others.

3 Likes

Yes they are, and theres quite a few variations. They all looks very nice.

3 Likes

This is so cool! It’s nice to have better access to skinned rigs now!

I wanted to see if the skinned rigs worked with IK and they do but um…:joy:

I mean they have their issues but overall this is a great addition!

I do feel that the facial expressions need a little work but I am very impressed!

2 Likes

The blocky masculine R15 rig is just slightly taller

just ahhhh nooooo

Honestly for me it feels like an unnecessary update. For the most part I scale all of my games to the default size (eg the current R6 size). Also don’t know the reason for the rig color changes from medium stone gray :neutral_face:

6 Likes

Great update! I miss the R6 block head dummy for some reason lol.

5 Likes

I don’t like how it is split up in “masculine” and “feminine”. Why should we associate those body types with a specific gender?

2 Likes

Amazing update, the old one was severely outdated to the point where I felt like I was on an older version of studio using it.

2 Likes

You can find some here, with an example being Cameron (random pick). But all of those seem to have just one “anime” style for both male and female. I’m not sure where you can find other body types, if they exist. Supposedly they also support facial animation as well, but I haven’t ever messed around with that.

I think these base rthro models need to be way more discoverable, or even pre-added to everyone’s inventory. The only way I found those was by accident. I looked at a particular character bundle and noticed that you could remove everything down to the base rthro model with nothing extra added.

3 Likes

I found a bug, if you are using the selection box (keep pressed left mouse and move around) and go in the menu, and release, it’ll keep the selection box

2 Likes

Finally. No need to go into test mode if I want to import my current avatar in studio.

Also for those who miss the old block head dummy, I uploaded it onto the marketplace here.

5 Likes

why… Why did you have to change the dummy’s skin tone? and why does the feminine blocky have hair???

2 Likes

Here’s the old version if you want to revert it?
AnimationEditor.rbxmx (596.6 KB)
It oddly seems to contain the animation editor as well as the rig builder.

Anyways, please change the skin tone to Medium Stone Grey. I don’t want these camouflaged dummies hiding in plain sight on the classic baseplate.

3 Likes

Not genders. They represent the two different body types that you could see in real life. Do you have a different name recommendation?

3 Likes

Just don’t catergorise it like that at all.

2 Likes

Any plans to add the ability/feature to load/generate another player’s avatar without using a third-party plugin? Yes I can generate my avatar as I like to but I want to generate another player’s avatar, I want more features inside of the Rig Builder Plugin.

Also, for some reason, Avatar Importer is in the Plugins tab instead of the Avatar tab, they should fix that.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.