Hello,

GroupyClumpy has directed me here to submit a bug report with avatars at smaller scales.
There seems to be some issues with the animations when walking/jumping. i.e. the torso is not aligning when jumping and the walk speed does not match the displacement. I am just wondering if there is any way to combat this.

local friction = 1
local elasticity = 1
local frictionWeight = 1
local elasticityWeight = 1

local Character = script.Parent

local physProperties = PhysicalProperties.new(density, friction, elasticity, frictionWeight, elasticityWeight)
local Humanoid = Character.Humanoid
--game.Workspace.CurrentCamera.CameraType = Enum.CameraType.Scriptable
Humanoid.BodyDepthScale.Value = .1
Humanoid.BodyHeightScale.Value = .1
Humanoid.BodyWidthScale.Value = .1
Humanoid.HeadScale.Value = 	.1
Humanoid.BodyProportionScale.Value = 0
Character.HumanoidRootPart.CustomPhysicalProperties = physProperties
Humanoid.WalkSpeed = 3
Humanoid.JumpPower = 10

If you are wondering why I am changing the physical properties of the HumanoidRootPart, it is because I have found when the character is small, the momentum is significant. i.e. when walking forward, it takes forever to stop. For some reason editing the physical properties has overcome this.

robloxapp-20220302-1603500.wmv (1.6 MB)
repro2.rbxl (30.0 KB)

Thanks!
Dan

Hi Dan,

It looks like the issue here is that the Falling/Jumping animations have some translation (position change) within them. In your video, it looks like the translation is on the UpperTorso.

The animation system does not scale translations with character scale, so if you want the same animation to work on characters regardless of scale, you need to make sure all of the keyframes have 0 translation on each joint. (Only use rotation)

2 Likes

Slightly off-topic, but will animation retargeting add this functionality? Or does it only fix rotations with avatar scale?

1 Like

Hello, thank you for the information. Is there any way to edit these translation values? If so where can I find it?

Thanks!

This should be fixed now with the new model scaling feature, animation will also be scaled properly. See: Introducing an Engine-Level Model Scale API [Beta]

Let us know if any issues exist with this new feature.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.