Avatar Shop Algorithm Technical Issues

The pant page of Avatar Shop was functioning normally, but during today morning (January 13, 7:30 AM PST), the avatar shop suddenly changed and now shows totally random and less popular clothing. In other words, it was sorted based on the amount of sales pants had. Now, it’s like the algorithm has broke and random clothes with no favorites or sales are shown. As a clothing designer who replies on Roblox designing for income, my sales have totally deteriorated. The newly updated Terms of Service also clearly states that it’s sorted baddd on popularity and relevancy which isn’t the case. I do not know if the catalog is personalized for each person, but this is like having the discover page filled with random games for each user, hence there is now no way for our clothes to get exposure or sales.

Furthermore, the search feature also seems to not function as intended nor is it showing personalized clothing. Searching for “Red” for classic pants as an example would yield the same results for everyone, but many of the clothes shown lack popularity and sales in comparison to other red pants that should be presented instead.

I am kindly asking that the change that caused this, whatever it may be, be reverted back as soon as possible. Please note that this occurred on all devices and browsers and isn’t a personal problem as I have observed the same issue with other designers. This not only takes space away from relevant and popular clothes, but also results in the loss of money for Roblox because of the lack of quality clothing.

Ultimately, I believe that this bug is not beneficial to both sides and should be reverted back to how it is. Once again, this bug occurred on January 13, around 7:30-7:45 AM PST.

Before glitch:

After glitch:

6 Likes

I am suffering from the same problem, my clothing sales was like 150-200 robux per day and now it decreased to 20-40 per, and for some days i can’t even get 4 sales
and i don’t think it’s about my clothing quality:
Eagles Souls Studios - Roblox

Thanks for the report! Just to confirm, we have a ticket for this in our internal database.

1 Like

@thirdtakeonit Any updates? The algorithm is currently unstable and no matter how many sales a clothing gets, it’s not being put on the front page or even recommended.