Awes0meDev - Builder & Terrain Designer

I have worked with @Blueprynt like for few months, as he needed a modeler so he called me through my other good friend @Creeperman16487

In my opinion @Blueprynt is a friendly person and he is very different from other people, you’ll enjoy the time with him

Anyways good luck bro :wave: cya

2 Likes

Can’t say that I enjoyed working with this person. Was paid 10k (after tax, so about 15k pre-tax) robux as an initial down-payment to do terrain work for me, he was very inactive and would only work when I asked him to, and even then the work that was created was of poor quality and paled in comparison to any screenshots provided above. Complete lack of work ethic.

Furthermore, he wasn’t very cooperative with the other developers on the team and ignored them and did his own thing.

Asked for a partial refund of 70%, which I believe to be more than fair- to which he declined.

Portfolio looked very good.

2 Likes

I had a very similar experience to what @Timelens. described above. Commissioned @Blueprynt to make me a pretty standard yet very large Mars terrain replica. As you can see above in this portfolio, the end product was absolutely terrible in comparison to what is originally advertised. Similar to @Timelens I also had to pay a down payment (around 6-10k robux, don’t remember the exact amount) . Then when the product was “finished”, I turned down the product and refused to pay the rest of the commission. As a result of this, @Blueprynt proceeded to make a post on the Dev Forums claiming that he was scammed in some way, despite receiving a down payment for free essentially.

All in all, this remains my worst situation I’ve had with another developer on this site. I suggest anyone desperate enough to hire this guy, to not give him down payments as you will regret it in the end.

2 Likes

Flawless Terrain, amazing work for that, something I always will look up to! Only thing, assets look like they are from 2015! (Not in a rude way)

Reading above, you need to improve customer service, its not always the customer thats wrong.

1 Like

Hello. Thank you guys for leaving your feedback, but most of this information is inaccurate and I want to clarify this.

The product that I delivered was very, very close to the pictures you sent me, and were the same level/quality as my other work. If you hire me, based on my work on my portfolio, you shall expect the same quality/level for a commission…

It was 6k, which was the smallest commission, and the cheapest price for a down payment, I have ever done. The product was finished, and it was the exact size and style you wanted.

You think you can do that? Thats not how It works. You cant just decline a commission after its finished. Your exact words after I sent images and said im finished: “Sup, I dont need it anymore”.

Yes, I did get scammed. I was payed a very small amount to do something that took a long time, and I got nothing more. The down payment wasn’t “free” because I basically lost 20k Robux worth of my effort and time.

I agree with you, working for you was the worst experience I had with any developer on this site. You scammed me out of my time and work, and now you come back to write a negative review? That just seems wrong.

Moving on,

I told you many times, I did work that I didn’t screenshot or tell you, but you could have gone in the game and seen it yourself.

Well that’s an opinion, and I believe what I did was the same style, and quality as some of the pictures shown above.

Here is the problem, commissioners aren’t supposed to work with other people. I understand if it was a long term developer, or if I agreed to it before. Yes, I did do my own thing, cause that’s what a commission is.

Partial refund of 70%. Doesn’t seem “partial” as I have to pay more than what I got from you. Anything close to a 70% refund is far from a fair price of the work I did.

1 Like

Seems to me like you’re just making excuses.
As @HoltSvardo summarized quite nicely, you demand a down payment and then do nothing. Why are you surprised that you don’t get your way when you don’t do what you have been paid in advance to do.

Partial refund of 70%. Doesn’t seem “partial” as I have to pay more than what I got from you. Anything close to a 70% refund is far from a fair price of the work I did.

Partial. If you receive 10k, and I ask for 70%, I am expecting 7k, which if you do the math (10 / 0.7), it does come to 10k. You lose nothing.

Furthermore, myself and @HoltSvardo aren’t the only ones who picked up on this. Even the rest of the development team in my group could see it. I believe you’re just being arrogant.

I decided to leave the following out of my initial response, but I’ve decided to post it now.
You inserted free models into the game, and a free-model lighting pack. You then claimed “I have fixed up the lighting!” and left it at that. We could see the model saying “Put me in ___” that you left in the workspace.
All you really did was flatten out pre-existing terrain, making it worse, and your mess was left to be cleaned up by the other developers after you were taken off the team.

You demanded a 25k pre-tax down payment at first, which was negotiated down to 15k pre-tax. Excuse me?

Most of your responses are entirely subjective. Please do leave my terrain on your portfolio to your future clients to be the judge of it’s quality. The facts remain that you were given 6k Robux in advance and I was given nothing of value in return. Do not peddle the lie that your time and effort went unpaid.

As for your last point, I do think it’s quite wrong to leave a bad review on someone’s portfolio, months after the commission ended. However, seeing that someone else had a similar, albeit terrible experience as well inclined me share my own. Your future clients deserve to know how you operate and the quality of work they should actually expect to receive.

hmm seems to me that you both had bad experiences? could you show us some proof? without proof you cannot say he is making “Excuses” for no reason? and I am also not trying to insult you in anyway.

Excuse me? I NEVER, ever use free models for my own games, and especially commissions. The only things I’ve inserted into lighting were Bloom, Sun Rays, and other settings that you can add on to lighting. I think you’re very misinformed, and your other developers are misinforming you, and I suggest you look over that, as I never added a free model in your game.

And for your point of me losing “nothing” by refunding the money, I would be losing my time, effort, and work. In a commission, both parties agree on the terms.

If I hire someone, and the final product is not what I expect, I would let them know and work together until I am satisfied. Instead of receiving pictures of the product along the developing process and saying that it was fine, and at the end, saying “Sup, I don’t need it anymore” or demanding a refund. But these are my work ethics.

Thank you both for taking the time to write a “review”. I appreciate constructive criticism as I learn and improve my work, but these are falsehoods and unfounded accusations, used to create a negative environment, when in reality the story was very different. I’m going to leave it like this, and I will keep working on improving, and treating people with respect, and I hope you both do the same. Have a nice day.

2 Likes

hmmm seems like @Timelens is telling a lie is that? well i can tell you one thing it seems like these are the only to people criticizing your work. all the other people say you do great! so in this case, i would have to agree with you @Blueprynt. Otherwise have a nice day!

It is infact the opposite way round, he’s simply trying to twist the truth to shine himself in a better light here on his DevForum portfolio. He was asked to put more effort in and actually do something on multiple occasions, and as I stated before, he refused to work with any of the other developers, making things a lot more complicated. In the entire time he was on our team, another terrain designer did tenfold the amount that he did in their first 3 days.

This will be the last message I send here, because I just don’t have the time.

“You removed my perms?”… his perms to access the studio place had been taken about a week prior…

1 Like

I’m happy to announce that my:

Commissions are now OPEN!

I’ve updated my portfolio, things should be a lot easier to understand, and a lot more organized. There is a problem with updating the title for me, I’ll get that fixed soon.

1 Like